Notices

Just Venting!!!

Old 05-29-2005, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Just Venting!!!

I am 22 stuck at home with my parents and no car right now (which is probably a good thing) and just finished watching Goodfellas. Woo Hoo!! *Being sarcastic* It's a holiday weekend and I know all my friends are either down the shore or partying. I have not one friend who doesn't use so I haven't spoken to any of my friends in 12 days. In those 12 days I have detoxed at home and have only been out of the house to go to NA meetings... once to the movies with my mom because she thought it would be nice for me to get out of the house so I went to make her happy and actually had a good time and today to a family picnic. Everyone in NA says it does get better....I'M WAITING!!! *I know it takes time* I guess I can smile and say I have 12 days clean though!! HAHA sorry I just needed to vent and as you can see I'm very bored! I have court on Tue. and most likely I am going to get house arrest for a few months but it feels like I'm on house arrest already! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 08:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Hi Maria, I'm 36 years old and back living with my parrents because I screw my life up so completely that I had nowhere else to go. My wife divorced me, I had to declare bankruptcy, I lost my job, and now I just sit here in front of this keyboard wondering what the *uck happened!! Pot was my DOC, yup pot did all of this too me, well that's not really true, I did it to me, pot just helped me on my way. You still have your whole life in front of you, I have much left too, but I pissed away 14 years more than you have left. I'm not saying your situation doesn't suck, but it could be worse. You could be on the streets, you could be dead. Sometimes when you're feeling bad it is a good time to count your blessings. Take care.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Let go and let God

Hang in there Maria,
Keep going to meetings. Keep looking for help.
It WILL get easier. Right now it looks bad but once all the other stuff clears up, it will look better.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 05-29-2005, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Arrow =-\

Yeah, I do realize it could be a lot worse but I know things will get better eventually but it is going to take some time. I know my addiction did happen overnight and it isn't going to go away overnight either and neither will all the other things that my addition caused. HAHA I wish people would actually go in the chat rooms on here so I could talk to someone and actually have something to do for a little while. I have been reading things on addiction ...all kinds of literature and even some of Dr. Phil. Haha when I was in college I wanted to be a Vet and then changed my mind... I think by the time I'm done with all this I could go back to school to be a psychologist or do some type of counciling. HAHA!
Old 05-29-2005, 11:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

I'm not in the chat room much 'cause I can't read

Check out http://www.narecovery.org/ which has a chat room where people are usualy hanging out in if you can't find anyone here.

And nice job on the 12 days!

- Greg
Old 05-30-2005, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by Maria83
I think by the time I'm done with all this I could go back to school to be a psychologist or do some type of counciling. HAHA!
Many people in recovery do. My ex is a psychologist specializing in Substance Abuse and it was hard for her to get a job at first because she WASN'T in recovery!! The only line of work where your sorid past is a bennifit!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for your messages it's nice to hear it does get better. I keep telling myself that but it doesn't seem to help when I say it but it does sound good coming from other people!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have 12 days...that is a good start. That is also good to bring to the judge on Tuesday. (Seriously, it shows effort). Frankly, house arrest may be the best thing for you right now. You probably need more time under your belt, and more meetings....but you can turn this into an opportunity.

-pedagogue