Notices

second thoughts are starting to take over....

Old 05-29-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beginner

second thoughts are starting to take over....

this kinda sucks, this whole starting out thing. because i just talked to my cousin, my partner in crime with the drinking and she kinda laughed at me. now i know that its my life and peer pressure is a bitch but i have fun at the same time when i drink. i have a blast and sorry to say, im thinking that the fourth of july is in like a month and im going on a road trip...obviously im not ready to be sober if i want to delay sobriety for a month just to go out on the fourth...be gentle with your replies.... thanks~
Old 05-29-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, you are finding that there are some really hard choices to make if you want to be sober. And, that includes changing your lifestyle sometimes and even changing friends sometimes. It's hard, but it's so worth it. And, you know there will always be a reason to delay getting sober if you look for one. I wish you well.

Love, Anna
Old 05-29-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

It's totally normal to have doubts, especially at your age. You said you are surounded by addicts and alcoholics in your family? Do you want to end up like them? I know you say you have a good time when you are drinking, and I don't doubt that, but it is possible to have a good time not drinking. When you do that you don't have to deal with the bad parts of drinking and using, remember those? It's a tough decision to make, one of the things SMART Recovery suggest is doing a cost/bennifit analysis. Take a piece of paper and on one side write all the good things down about drinking/using ie: fun with friends, like the buzz, etc. On the other side write down the bad things ie: hangovers, bad for health, don't want to end up like rest of family, etc. Compare the two sides and see what you think. Just a suggestion. Take care and keep posting.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Well it sounds as if you've made up your mind. Yeah, it isn't going to work to get sober if you don't really want it or aren't ready yet. It's your choice. Just remember with drinking, you have to be willing to deal with the conscequences as the result of it. I always had repercussions after I tied one on, one way or another. Maybe just a hangover, or a bad arguement with a loved one, or just plain stupid, embarassing behavior I couldn't take back. The 4th of July last year nearly killed me. I drank enough to do so. I took my last drink that day. I was ready to give it all up. I knew if I didn't it would kill me. I was lucky that time around. I hope you are as well. Some time we don't get second chances. Many don't. Take care...