Notices

New To This

Old 05-29-2005, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

New To This

I am trying to get clean. I stopped for four months but started again.

I forgot how insane this is!! I really want to quit, but I am stuck in a rut. I have been binging on coke (three day one and a few days off). I feel out of control. My sick addict mind is in control.

I intellectually know what I have to do. I feel insane to keep going like this.

I really don't want to lose everything, but yet I keep using!
Old 05-29-2005, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((((adpage)))))))))
Glad you made it in to SR. My name is Brett. I'm an alcoholic who only dabbled minimally with other drugs. Sure coke was one of those but bottom line for me is I am an alcoholic. I've recovered from a hopeless state of mind and body by becoming a grateful member of Alcoholics Anonymous and doing the work I needed to do to grasp this freedom.

Someone from another program ought to be along soon to welcome you as well. Check out the various forums and make yourself a home wherever you find your niche.

Kiss Heart of Spirit
In Love & Service,
3 Legacy
Old 05-29-2005, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The Narcotics Anonymous Forum might be a good place to spend some time. They have some great threads in there, and I think it may help you with your recovery.

Btw...welcome to SR!

-pedagogue
Old 05-29-2005, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Hey adpage--I responded to you on another thread but thought I would say hello here as well. I have been there, done that on the coke thing. However, I am an alcoholic and I was able to kick the coke on my own by simply drinking alot more. I DO NOT recommend this method!!!! Anyway, as others have suggested, check out the NA forum as well as Substance Abuse or any other forum you would like. And keep posting on the Newcomers Board as well. Pretty much everyone checks in here before heading off to the other forums. You will get a lot of support and understanding here.

Hang in there.