I am so proud of myself...

Old 05-26-2005, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am so proud of myself...

for the first time in my adult life. I paid a bill!!!!!

I went from living with my parents to living with my now husband. I have never ever ever actually written a check for a bill in my life. (Sad, considering I did not get married until I was 28). My daughter will certainly know better than I did...can't know worse...geez).

So, I got online and payed the phone bill BEFORE it was due. WooHoo...the power!!!

I can not tell you how exciting it is to know exactly how much money we have and have the power to know what to do with it. (SAVE IT of course).

I am a very well educated (2 master's degrees) and very smart woman who has NEVER had control over her financial well being. I tell you...with this power...I might very well be RICH!!! Not bad for a grade school teacher.

Can you tell I am happy about the freaking phone bill being paid...just WAIT until the mortage is due..I will be in heaven!

Jenny (who might very well be insane).
Old 05-26-2005, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ROFL..... I will be insane with ya..... if it makes you this happy.... then its the place to be.

Taking control is HEAVEN..... Keep it up. I can wait till the mortage is due

WOOOHOOO
Old 05-27-2005, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

having control over the things we're SUPPOSED to be able to have it over is very empowering!!!! i don't think you're insane - i think you have every right to be mucho excited!
Old 05-27-2005, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

I'm happy that you've found what it was like to be able to control something in your life. Once started, it becomes easier. But I do wish I could get someone here to write a check or pay a bill. So tired of it.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

JennyK... I'm so proud of you!!!!!!! I remember the days when I was on my own and I started catching up on my bills. It was a huge sense of relief to finally be addressing the issues, rather than ignoring them and hoping they would go away! It was a relief to not have to cringe every time the phone rang! I really HATED getting calls from bill collectors, I was so ashamed of myself. Big HIGH FIVE to you! Can't wait to hear about the Mortgage payment party!!

I have to agree with you Kathy... I've had control over paying our bills and "managing" the money. I would LOVE to be able to have someone to pass that off to for a while! We're in the process of redoing our budget because we had some pretty lofty goals that I think we're both regretting now. I've accepted that hubby's cc debt (From long before me) is going to be around for a few more years (even though I want nothing more than to make it dissappear!), but he hasn't quite accepted it. He wants it gone, and he really wants us to get back to enjoying life (not much money for the things we want when the majority of our cash is going to the CC). Like I said, I would love to pass it off to him for a while, but he doesn't want it because he doesn't trust himself. Maybe I'll hire an accountant for the summer?!?!?! LOL!
Old 05-27-2005, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today is a good day for you, you have the peace of mind to know the phone won't be shut off!!!! My ex mother in law was 70 when her husband died, she never paid a bill, never picked out her own car, furniture or drapes for that matter. When he died she didn't even know how wealthy he left her. Today, she has a new cadilac (new every year), new condo here in Lockport, condo on Sanibel Island, Fl, more clothes than she can ever wear...and she paid for them all, signed every contract and deal on her own. Talk about power!!!!!
Have a great weekend.....
Love, Patty