He's back but not here.

Old 10-08-2002, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy He's back but not here.

Ok guys, here's the deal. My A arrived last night after being gone for 4 days and screening all calls like nothing happened. Said he wants to try and work on our relationship. He promptly fell asleep, slept till 11:00 today, went to play golf, and after a shower is asleep again. He hasn't been drinking. My frustration is I'm lonely. I'd love to talk about my day, what is going on in my life the last 6 days. Does this behavior mean he just doesn't care? I already know not to press issues with him, but a relationship isn't about just showing up..... Help!!!
Old 10-08-2002, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Cajun girl,

Men like to talk about themselves. Maybe you could start a conversation that way and see where it leads. Ask him about his golf game. Focus on him first and then maybe he will listen to you too.

Not much you can do if he's sleeping though at least with him. You could get on the phone and call a friend and talk about your life. All of our nurturing cannot come from one person. They can't be expected to fill all the gaps.

We might not even be able to expect them to fill any of the gaps. So you may have to get to work and find other ways to fill your life with good things and other people.

That's a healthy thing to do in a healthy relationship.

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-08-2002, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree with MG - focus on your healthy relationships. I know I tended to neglect mine when things were bad, but I thank God for the best friends in the world...they still love me even when I ignore them...could THEY be codependent too????
Old 10-09-2002, 04:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for the advice. As I read these I think to myself, "of course!" But the anxiety really gets to me. Sometimes it escalates and I don't think straight.