I finally saw the neon flashing!

Old 05-23-2005, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I finally saw the neon flashing!

Sometimes I am just BLIND!

I SEE the alcohol...and even when I don't, I see the inability to walk, to speak clearly and I certainly smell it. And it happens every day. Reality crashed last night. I don't think it's just alcohol, now I think it's drugs as well.

I am fairly sure it's a depressant...he sleeps WAY too much. And sadly, I suspect it's heroin. I do NOT see his body...we've not been intimate since last year. I've told him I am DONE and have insisted he leave me alone. We do not share a bed. He's taken to wearing long sleeves. He sits in his car and "nods offs".

And now, the might-as-well-be-flashing-neon. I am suspecting he's supporting this new habit by selling. People knocking on the door LATE last night. Phone calls from voices unfamiliar on the house phone and he's glued to his cell phone. A neighbor called this am, complaining that the ABF almost hit him (with the car) leaving our building around 1:30 am. His sleep habits have changed drastically...he passed out yesterday around 6 pm, was up at midnight with the TV blasting, apparently he went out, now, it's almost 10 am and he's still in the bed. He needs to leave for work in about an hour, I am suspecting this will be yet ANOTHER monday where he'll call off sick.

Pray those people in the house MOVE OUT-I need to move in ASAP! I work from home. I need this computer and the phone to earn a living, so moving to a temp arrangement would be extremly difficult, the phone company needs 5 days notice to move the service. The calls, the knocking, the driving out in the middle of the night are new behaviors. I am praying if the cops are going to kick in the door or he dies from an overdose, it happens AFTER I move.

I am so angry with myself for getting "hooked up" with this...person.
Because of the industry I work in, if I were arrested (even if I were not actually charged..i.e., once they sorted it out I was cleared) I would ALWAYS have to disclose the arrest to various state agencies and it would threaten my abilty to earn a living.

NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN!
Old 05-23-2005, 10:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ACK..... hugs and prayers coming your way!

Im sorry that this neon sign was such a horrible one, but I guess what they say is true. The truth will set you free and BOY did you get alot of truth
Old 05-23-2005, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

praying for your protection (((walking)))! keep your eyes on that light at the end of the tunnel!!
Old 05-23-2005, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Be safe!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WTL - i am sorry yet another ugly thing rears it's head! i pray you will be safe until you can move!!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

((((wtl)))))
Old 05-23-2005, 08:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

WTL,

I’m sorry to here this I really am.
I think you are right, someone needs to leave.
We had a dealer live next door to us until the cops brought him down. There were people going in and out all hours of the day, it was bad.
I’m sorry to hear you going through this.
What are you waiting for as far as others moving?
You have a place picked out?