Notices

Off to work, because I O

Old 05-20-2005, 01:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Off to work, because I O

Well it's 4 AM and the sun is climin I'm off to The city with The Polar Bear express. It's also Friday, my day for the score, the difference is today I have 50 days clean and sober, I also have some help to get me through the day. God willing, in 20 hrs. I'll be back here talkin to you all ** yes I lived in the deep south 4 yrs.}. Fridays have always been a trigger for me, today I'm going to try to help someone and get out of self. It's also May long weekend here in Canada and I will be alone and not working. May long was always a good reason to party. I will be close to my computer and anything or anyone else that can help me in recovery. Maybe an eagle will grace me with his pressence, as I drive my locomotive. When I get a chance I'll dop back to the passenger car and see if anyone needs anything. A thought crossed my mind, people will think, look at Stikk, he's went nuts now that he's clean and sober.Most everyone up here have some kind of addiction ** issues} one way or another. Okay, time to boogie, lets meet back here tonite at midnite. Good, now I have a plan. Stikk...
Old 05-20-2005, 02:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days.I owe too,so here I am at 5:12 in the AM in New Jersey away from my home and my friends ready for work.Sitting here at the computer in the lobby of the hotel.I am clean and sober,I have $ in my pocket and I feel good.Friday is my favorite day of the week here.Not because its payday,but because I have a temporary NA home group here that meets tonight.Sobriety rocks and this is a much better way to live.Everyone has good days and bad days.Problems will come and go.So,here I am living life on lifes terms.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning Jersey, Thanks for lettin me know I'm not alone. Have a safe 24 and I'd love to be able to join you for the meeting tonite....Stikkh
Old 05-20-2005, 02:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning to you too.Have a great day.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The long days alone was part of the reason I became a daily drinker. Get out and do something -- go to a coffee shop and start a conversation with someone, maybe find a meeting -- go to a movie. Congrats on your 50 days! That is admirable!

Kathy
Old 05-20-2005, 06:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stikk
Fridays have always been a trigger for me, today I'm going to try to help someone and get out of self.
That one never fails to work for me, my friend. The love of one addict / alcoholic for another got me sober and keeps me sober. The love of one human being for another... well, it's why we're here, methinks.

Have a great day, Stikk.

hugs,

phinny
Old 05-20-2005, 06:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Hi Stikk,
Hope you had a beautifull day clean and sober, Canada is so beautiful, i love it!!
I get home at midnight to from work, sask time, see you then!!
\\// Wendy
Old 05-20-2005, 07:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Canada really sounds like a great place to be in today and a good reason to be clean/sober.

It is going to be in the mid 90's here in Texas today. I'll trade ya.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PlanoTexican
Canada really sounds like a great place to be in today and a good reason to be clean/sober.

It is going to be in the mid 90's here in Texas today. I'll trade ya.
I dont miss that.I was born and raised in Texas.Grew up in Dallas.Well,Im off for another day of work. Have a great day folks.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

hey Stikk????
Old 05-21-2005, 02:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Clean and sober on May Long

Originally Posted by wantneeda
Hi Stikk,
Hope you had a beautifull day clean and sober, Canada is so beautiful, i love it!!
I get home at midnight to from work, sask time, see you then!!
\\// Wendy
Hi Wendy, missed you last nite, I was late getting in.My connection was held up down south. I mean; the train not the dealler. I'm alone here but safe for today, I have you and that's a pluss. I met my X on May long and we married 3months later a long, long time age, she also desided to have an afair with my friend,Boss and AA sponsor on May long some years later. I'm keep drifting around in that stuff, love-hate love-hate. My feelings are really sharp at this point, 51 days C&S. I have been in Regina and liked the city, I hope your having a great weekend, take care and keep in touch....Stikk
Old 05-21-2005, 02:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello and thanks, yes I was able to stay C&S yesterday. I was on my best behavior, made amends to someone I hurt and treated a coworker I dislike with respect. Also was able to help a friend who was feeling ill. All the best to you..... Stikk
Old 05-21-2005, 10:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Hi Stikk!!
Nice to see you my friend!!
I know those feelings...i been reminiscing lots myself lately. I remember one of my first party may longs...i was 16...i'd been kicked out of my moms house for staying out partying all weekend..anyways living with my girlfriend and her parents. We decided to go to Lake Invermere for the may long big bash...smokin' sh!t all the way out there, drinking, my firend and i went with my cousin...who happened to sell me some crap not long after that weekend that was actually vasaline...nice cousin..well, it rained most of the way out there...us girls had dresses on..by the time we finally got to the lake we were so out of it we stepped out of his van and fell flat on our a$$es. I lost my purse that weekend...too drunk to keep track of it...I actually got that purse back 6 months later...the rcmp found it on the other side of the lake...things that make you go hmmmm...all my money was gone but i got my id back. That was waaaay back when my addiction was starting to take a good strong hold of this girl...
You're doing so good Stikk, 51 days is an accomplishment!!!
And yes feel those feelings. When I was using it was anything to get away from those feelings.'
There's lots of other memories i visit...i can't shut the door on my past...but as time goes by...and i stay clean and sober. Well they just don't have the power over me that they used to.
Do something nice for yourself today Stikk, you deserve it!
\\// Wendy
Old 05-22-2005, 02:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wantneeda
Hi Stikk!!
Nice to see you my friend!!
I know those feelings...i been reminiscing lots myself lately. I remember one of my first party may longs...i was 16...i'd been kicked out of my moms house for staying out partying all weekend..anyways living with my girlfriend and her parents. We decided to go to Lake Invermere for the may long big bash...smokin' sh!t all the way out there, drinking, my firend and i went with my cousin...who happened to sell me some crap not long after that weekend that was actually vasaline...nice cousin..well, it rained most of the way out there...us girls had dresses on..by the time we finally got to the lake we were so out of it we stepped out of his van and fell flat on our a$$es. I lost my purse that weekend...too drunk to keep track of it...I actually got that purse back 6 months later...the rcmp found it on the other side of the lake...things that make you go hmmmm...all my money was gone but i got my id back. That was waaaay back when my addiction was starting to take a good strong hold of this girl...
You're doing so good Stikk, 51 days is an accomplishment!!!
And yes feel those feelings. When I was using it was anything to get away from those feelings.'
There's lots of other memories i visit...i can't shut the door on my past...but as time goes by...and i stay clean and sober. Well they just don't have the power over me that they used to.
Do something nice for yourself today Stikk, you deserve it!
\\// Wendy
Hey Wendy; Yes these feellings are powerful and I can see now why I was avoiding them at any cost. OOpps almost to extinction. Those May Longs were mighty treacherous and I could hardly wait till the next one, another addiction, maybe. Livin on the edge and likin it, that's ....insane. I can see mother nature hasn't changed her ways, it's 4 AM and you guessed it......RAIN. The difference is you and I won't be sleepin in it. It will be nice someday, to look back on all that happened with a healthier attitude /outlook. Hope your happy and safe this weekend, I'm off to work and won't be back till Monday midnite. Keep in touch......Stikk
Old 05-23-2005, 03:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Off to work again. Everyone have a great day.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Stikk,
I just wanted to say "hello", and I'm ever so glad you are still here. *warm greetings*
Old 05-23-2005, 11:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

hiya Stikk!!!
hope you didn't work too hard:
had a long day myself..been toying with the idea of telling my boss i'm a drug addicted alcoholic...sigh...
...at least i made a few extra dollars for working the holiday...
Hope you are safe and smilin'
see you in the twilight
\\// Wendy
Old 05-25-2005, 06:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

hey sTikk
how are you today???