Notices

What A Mess I Am

Old 05-18-2005, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What A Mess I Am

I cant seem to get rid of this disease. Once and for all I would like too, but when Im not drinking I feel so otherworldly and anxious that it seems to be the only thing to relax me and make me feel normal. Does anyone get like this when there not drinking? It feels like im doomed with this forever. My longest without was 2 weeks. I cried earlier tonight and even had my tough ex marine dad crying too when I told him all I was going through.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Well....we don't get rid of this disease...but we can put it in remission!!!
only ham is cured...
have you tried going to an AA meeting?
Old 05-18-2005, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stark Raving Sober

It's been almost two years since I drank & four months since I stopped pills & pot. I don't take anything other than coffee & ibuprofen & one-a-day aspirin for my heart. I still feel otherworldly and anxious most times. It doesn't take much to get me to spin-off. It is getting better. The craziness of constant sobriety, awareness and reality is a little easier to deal with as time goes by. It is better than the sick & tired & crazy I felt when I was drinking and/or using. As a friend of mine who just got his 15 year chip says: I ain't well, I'm just better'n I was.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lightbulb I do

think some alcoholics benefit from coumceling.

Hope you can find your answers...AA gives me mine.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wish I had more words for you as I'm newly sober myself, but I am here for you thru this time. This disease can be put into remission and our lives are worth fighting for! Please never forget that.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thats exactly what my ex said was his main reason for drinking. not having that big of an anxiety/stress problem it is hard for me to relate. but as i told him, it may relax you,but i think it adds to any depression you have. like a vicious circle. there are so many good anti-depressants on the market today. and they are not just for depression. they can treat anxiety,stress,obsessive compulsive disorder,etc etc.he was afraid he would get addicted to them,but i explained over and over, you dont.
there is also a new drug that is supposed to help with the alcohol cravings. i wish you would do what he didnt,and if you dont want to go to aa, go see a medical doctor with experience in this. over and over i am seeing that chronic drinking gets you nowhere.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I read today in the NY Times that a study on a vine the grows in the South called Kudzu may help to curb cravings...

Also remember that you are in the drivers seat of your mind and you can change it...
Old 05-18-2005, 09:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Honey! I'm not a good example...Ive messed up! Drunk!

But go see a doctor, they will give you meds.
Then go to meetings!
I am on anxity meds...but I won't take them when drinking.....LORD....The things I choose? life or drink....Don't know why?....do better than me!
Hugs,
Jazz
Old 05-19-2005, 02:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I do the same as Jazz. I have anti-anxiety pills that I take when I am sober and feeling that anxious feeling. It works for me for now. try some exersize -- walking maybe journaling - something to deal with the feelings that you haven't had to deal with in quite some time. You are not alone in this journey. Many have made a path. That is my hope and why I will never stop trying until I get it right.
Kathy