Notices

I'm home

Old 05-18-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm home

Hi, I just found out about this site. I am an addict (probably alcoholic too) and I haven't used *anything* in 5 days.

I'm scared..I know a better life is ahead but I don't know why I'm so scared to leave this life behind. I guess I am full of fear but I deserve a better life than to live in the arms of this addiction.

I need help.

C
Old 05-18-2005, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Hello, C--Welcome to SR! This is a great place with lots of supportive, kind, and caring people who have been where you are right now. Some are even right there with you. Glad you found us. This site and the people who frequent here have been a very important part of my recovery. My name is Laura, and I am a gratefully recovering alkie/pothead with a precious 15 months clean and sober. Do you have any face to face support? I go to AA and have found it to be a life-saver--quite literally!

Hang out, read around, and post some more so we can get to know you!

Glad you are here--

Hugs--
Old 05-18-2005, 04:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Welcome to SR Angelhugs. Great that you found your way here.
My name is Wendy..I'm a drug addicted alcoholic in recovery.
The first time i went into rehab i went for my drug addiction...i left an alcholic too.
Way to go on 5 clean days!!!!
I know that fear all too well...because i was comfortable living in chaos..addicted to
chaos. I feared recovery because it was foreign to me.
I feared myself,,,i only knew myself hazed in active addiction.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Have you considered Narcotics Anonymous?
I go to AA for the most part myself. It has saved my life. I'm working on day 342 today...thanks to the program and SR
Again welcome, you'll find tons of support, experience , strength and hope here. I have.
Look forward to hearing more from you
\\// Wendy
Old 05-18-2005, 04:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I feel like I belong here and finding SR was the best thing that happened to me today.

Wow, I'm so happy right now!

C
Old 05-18-2005, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

i agree SR ROCKS!!!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 05:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think I'm still feeling the withdrawals. I don't like the way this feels. I'm feeling depressed, fatigued, a bit irritable, moody, and I just feel totally give out. I guess with everything I put my body thru, this is how it is repaying me.

I am fortunate to get another chance though. A new chance to make things right this time. I hope I never use again.

The last time I used, I felt so full of shame and I could not even look at myself in the mirror. My whole body ached and I just felt like sleeping forever.

Thank God that I have a choice today.

C
Old 05-18-2005, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Angel,

I'm an alcoholic, but I know the shame you are talking about. I'm glad you're hanging in there and each day will get better physically, emotionally and spiritually. I'm glad you found us.

Anna
Old 05-18-2005, 06:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Angel,

Like the others said. You have found a great place to come for support. I am recovering from both drug addiction and alcoholism. I go to AA meetings on a daily basis, or at least try to. You say you never want to use again, and that is possible, one day at a time. Try to keep it in the day. The past is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present.

Sherry
Old 05-18-2005, 06:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Once again,welcome.Im glad your here.By the way,I was born and raised in "The good ol' South myself."
Old 05-18-2005, 07:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Hello!

I also think you are still de toxing. If you were a drunk..as I am..the stuff you are experiencing are all alcohol withdrawal symptims. Might be so for whatever your DOC is.

Hope you stay here at SR..
Old 05-18-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are all wonderful people!!

I am sooooooooo blessed to find myself here among all of you. I can't wait to get to know you all better. And hopefully, I'll have some experience, strength, and hope to share with you all also.

I'm so grateful for SR and for people reaching out to me. I didn't know what to expect when I reached out, but I found miracles surrounding me.

You are all my angels today.

Love,
C

Old 05-18-2005, 07:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Good talk, Russ.

Hi AngelHugs!
I am so happy that you found us. I just found this joint (I mean community) three days ago. It is the bomb. =)
Today, i went to my first meeting (nervous and pesemistic). I am so relieved and happy with the way it went. I was surrounded by some "rough looking" dudes; and all 20 of them complemented me and made me feel so welcome! I feel so good about it. We are going to be ok. Good to have you here. Brad
Old 05-18-2005, 07:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Brad,

You got it right-- we are definitely gonna be ok. We can make it thru this and over it. We don't have to be beaten down by this hurtful force anymore. We can see the door and it looks pretty good from here.

See, we gotta wear shades cause it's so bright.
Hugs,
C
Old 05-18-2005, 08:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

15 minutes until day 6..
Old 05-18-2005, 09:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Stark Raving Sober

Welcome home AngelHugs. We've reserved a seat for you at our recovery table and have been waiting for you to show up. After a while in here, you'll get the chance to see others come in. Watching someone come in and grow is wonderful. Please don't leave before the miracle happens.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you

I can't wait until I can watch someone come in and grow. The miracle happens right before our very eyes.

Thanks for the seat.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Hi my name is Bob and I am a pot addict. Almost three weeks clean.
When you feel down just hug your Chihuahua, it works for me. They are crazy little animals. I chuckle evertime when I see how brave mine is. He is not afraid of anything! That bravery is a good reminder for me on a daily basis that I need to be the same way.