All about me Saturday???? (And and update on me..)

Old 10-05-2002, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All about me Saturday???? (And and update on me..)

I need this, mainly because I have been so stressed out here at work. I have had an absolute horrible week, and I am here again today and will be tomorrow.

I had to help my daughters Aunt this week move out of her house as she is going through a separation. Her husband had an affair. Although not my situation it was still stressful. I know her pain and it brought back some close to home memories.

On a better note. I am actively looking at the treatment centers here in the state and I am interested in becoming and getting the training to become a drug and alcohol abuse counselor. I met with a person at our states licensing board and after 300 hours of work in a facility and taking all the required coursework I can be certified. I am waiting to hear if I am eligiable for a scholarship to cover the coarses, and then I will be placed in a treatment center to start. Good news is I can work and learn at the same time. I think I would enjoy this field, and be able to contribute alot to it. I am very excited about it, and hope to learn alot. I want to help those that wanted help.

Today just for me, I will take a nap this afternoon, take the time to do my nails, and spend time with my daughter.

Love you guys!
Old 10-05-2002, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Bonbon,

That sounds like a great idea. You need to get away from all that stress. Maybe you could tell them that you've already put in your 300 hours at home. Life experience

I am going to clean my house today and relax.

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-05-2002, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

That sounds great!!! And I agree with MG - you have probably put in double time by now.
Old 10-05-2002, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Bonbon,

Good for you. The world needs more dedicated people who want to help others to learn to help themselves. I agree, you've probably got enough life credits to qualify already!

Take care of you this weekend. (((((bonbon))))))

Osier59
Old 10-05-2002, 05:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bonbon

This is terrific and you would be wonderful for that job.

Now would you be even thinking of this, if you didn't dislike your present job so much? God puts us where we are supposed to be and even a bad job can lead to a good idea....strange road this recovery travels.

Hope it works out well for you.