A's are from Mars, I am from...NOT Mars!

Old 05-14-2005, 11:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A's are from Mars, I am from...NOT Mars!

I'm 2 weeks from the move (IF those people ever move out!) but I wish it were tomorrow. No, I wish I were moving NOW!!!!!

ABF went to "fix his car" with three neighbor guys about 9 am. I got a call in the early afternoon, a local company needed a notary for a last minute closing so I agreed. With the move coming the extra money is certainly welcome. I went to the back lot to tell him I was leaving...he wasn't there.

Walking back I hear him yelling at basketball game. I follow the noise, knock, there he sits at a table with the 3 other guys, LOTS of liquor and beer bottles all over the table. I apologized for interupting, gave him the message and left.

10:30 pm, he stumbles in. And believe me, stumble is a nice word to describe how he was traveling. This is a studio, the distance from the door to the bed is perhaps 15 feet. He zigzagged...he must have covered 40 feet to reach the bed. He had an open fifth of whiskey in his hand. He sat on the bed, said, "Well...." dropped the bottle, liquor flies everywhere, he falls over.

About ten minutes later, here come his friends. They were pretty drunk, grinning and leaning, Knocking at the door. "Is he okay?" "He's breathing." "Well, since he said he was an alcoholic we thought we'd see if he made it up the steps alright."

I know I must have looked at them like they were mars invaders. Finally I said, "If he had said he was a diabetic would you have offered him candy all day?" They got themselves down the stairs.

So now he's unconscious. He's half on, half off the bed. His shoes are on. There's liquor splashed everywhere from the bottle he dropped and he stinks and now the entire room stinks. He has to be THIS close to alcohol poisoning. Once again I'll be on the sofa.

The closer I get to the move...the more anxious I am to end this madness.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Walking - your posts and replies have helped me so often. You seem like you always have yourself together. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this horrible disease. Please know you are also in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck on your move.

Sassygal
Old 05-15-2005, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If only that were true, Sassygal!

I am a quivering mass of uncertainty...at least in my heart. The absolute waste of his life makes my heart and soul ache and it takes every fiber of my being to not give into the "fix him" mode or even worse, the "I-can-convince-myself-it's-really-not-so-bad" mode. *SIGH*

My decisions have come while I am strong in my detachment. In my head I KNOW what I have to do, why I have to do it and I formulate a plan on the best way to get it done. My heart is often breaking while I'm doing so.

I remind myself daily that I only get one chance at life and it would be very arrogant of me to think I could be disrepectful to God to waste what I recognize as his greatest gift to me. But what a struggle it's been!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
your posts, remind me of where I was a while back... keep moving, it is hard to do, and your life might not be always peachy... But it sure beats, seeing someone anilalate themselves... my xabf is still sitting on a bar stool, quacking... I just have a ton of pieces to pick up and continue get out of my financial mess... But at least, they aren't compounding, like before.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zoe

I believe God is watching all of us and when we start to doubt ourselves he sends a message. I believe the message he sent you is passed out stinking up the room. He has a plan for you and has shown you the way.