Notices

2 Weeks, One Hour, and Ten Minutes

Old 05-14-2005, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 Weeks, One Hour, and Ten Minutes

This is the longest I've ever made it. I'm having a hard night, I waited too late to try and find something to do, and ended up home alone. My heavy drinking was usually when I was alone. I've been to clubs/bars with my friends in the past couple of weeks and as long as I'm having fun and keeping busy, I'm not really tempted.

No worries though, even if I caved in and wanted to drink something, there's nothing in the house and the stores are closed. And I can make it another day. It's just hard when I'm so bored.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rho
JstBcuz

Keep being ready for the change. As long as it is a change fr the better God wil watch over U and keep U safe and Strong.

I asked him for his help and guidence 2/21/04 and well a long story short I have been grateful & happy clean since that date!
Old 05-14-2005, 11:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jack

Count your blessings

Hi....I got sober for the 100th time and hopefully the last on 1/15/99.
That's 6 yrs and counting. Thank God. If you're sober 2 wks. you're past detoxing and ready to start your new sober life. Don't dwell on the past. As it says, 'we shall not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it'. We should learn from the past. Early sobriety is a bitch. It does get better and easier. I guess it's good to count your days clean and sober but don't get hung up on it cuz it's still one day at a time. Say to yourself, "Just for today I won't drink' Don't say ever or never or forever. Us alcoholics, at least this alcoholic can't make a never, ever, forever promise to myself or others. Just for today Jack won't drink.
In my 4th rehab and I hope my last, a counselor (ex-heroin addict) told me that for the longest time her Higher Power was the clock on the wall. She'd tell herself ' it's 10:45 and if I can just make it to 11. At 11 she'd say if I can make it to 11:30 and so on. It worked for her.
Another tip I got from a sober alcoholic was that he counted, every morning,
5 things he could be grateful for cuz he was sober. I do it every day now.
I don't reach for 6 and if I get stuck at 4 I think for a few minutes and always find #5. Today I'm grateful for, 1)AA and the fellowship, 2) my Higher Power, 3) I have a roof over my head and food on the table, 4) I have a decent car and 5) I'M SOBER! Give it a try. You might be surprised that when sober you can find things in your life you can be grateful for. I'll keep you in my prayers. God bless.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I too went to bars in early sobriety..'just to see friends'
And I kept working in restaurants... bars.....hotels.
I never planned to drink but always did after a few weeks.

You may find this true for you too.

If you are bored.. try an AA meeting.