I'm out of the closet and finally on....

Old 10-02-2002, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm out of the closet and finally on....

Well I've finally got up enough nerve to do this, to finally register. I've been an anonymous daily trooper at your forum now for months. I am finally started to let the Al-Anon principles work (I live with an alcoholic) and want to "show my face" to you guys. I have depended on so many of your posts to live in my "unmanageability" and it feels good to feel "worthy" to become a part of this. Thank you...
Old 10-02-2002, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Hi Cajun girl,
WELCOME!!!!
Feel free to vent, share, whatever is
on your mind, we are all in this together!
Glad you decided to come aboard!

Hugs,
Old 10-02-2002, 11:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Cajun girl,

I guess you already know us so now it's our turn.

Welcome to the family.

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-02-2002, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome

Hi Cajun Girl

This is a very supportive group of people, So welcome
Old 10-02-2002, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Cajun girl!! Welcome.........to our wonderful family. I'm glad that you've decided to come out of the closet and join us.

Love,
Galnva
Old 10-02-2002, 03:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Hi cajun girl!

Welcome to our little part of the world. We are all glad you're here, and you'll find that we share much of your life. Before I came into recovery, I had NO idea that other people went thru the same icky stuff I did, and I didn't have anyone to talk to about it who wasn't charging $100 per hour!! There is a lot of wisdom here, and a lot of support and love as well. We all take turns carry the load.

Tell us more about you!

Osier59
Old 10-02-2002, 05:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Cajun girl!

You were always worthy and you have been a part of our family since you understood that your living partner had an alcohol problem, whether you were posting or not. Glad you're out of the closet, though! Welcome to the recovery forum.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 10-02-2002, 06:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

More about me

Thank you for your warm welcome. Since I started reading Al-Anon literature the last 3 months, I have realized I have be co-dep. in every love relationship. (I'm not a young cookie) Presently I've reunited with a man I fell in love with 20 yrs. ago. When we decided to live together (with my 2 wonderful children from a previous marriage) he had 2 yrs. sobriety. The last 8 months however have been hell. He has had multiple relapses with all the associated behaviors. I went through the "how could he lie if he loves me" "I thought if we showed him love, he would stay sober." He is trying to work his program and I'm struggling with detachment. I do work, have hobbies, and spend time with my children. I want to share my life him and it seems he needs quite a bit of time alone. He sleeps alot which I have read is normal for the newly sober again person. I struggle with trying too hard for our relationship, trying too hard to "help", and putting myself last. UGH... See why I'm here? HA.... Thanks for listening.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cajun Girl

I want to join the wlcome wagon and assure you that you belong to our family. It's great to share with people who truly understand what we are going through.

We're all here for you anytime. Glad you came out of the "guest closet" and into our lives.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Cajon girl,

I, too, will join in and say welcome. You have come to the right place. The support here is great, and everyone here understands and has been or are still in your shoes.

I also live with an alcoholic, but he's an active drinker. He's what they call a funtioning alcoholic. He holds a very responsible position at work, which he has had for 17 yrs., and is a very good father to our 5 yr. old. but he drinks nightly .... a lot.....and he is aware of it. He does not deny how much he drinks, but doesn't want to change either. He is not physically abusive to me or our daughter, but does tend to be verbally a jerk. So I learn to deal with it and teach our daughter how to when she gets frustrated with him.

I started Al-anon meetings a few years ago, but geting to meetings became difficult. I was so happy when I found this place to come and share and learn and help others. I also have a weight issue, so most of the time you will find me on the "eating disorders" forum, but I pop inhere from time to time when I need a reminder of how to deal with things and that I am OK afterall.

I almost forgot to mention that I also have three adult daughters that all have issues of disfunction, one who is in recovery with 2 yrs sobriety, and the others....well....still finding their way.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Pony

Last edited by Pony; 10-02-2002 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, Cajun Girl!
It is wonderful to have you with us. This forum has been a life saver for me. take good care and keep coming back.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

Welcome Cajun girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My A was a functioning alcoholic and a HUGE verbal jerk........I hope you continue to post to the boards : ) This is a good place to call home!
Love Kitty
Old 10-05-2002, 05:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Cajun.
Welcome! Glad you came out of the shadows! Were all in it together to grow and share. We'd love to hear more about you, so keep posting, it really helps.

Again, Welcome....