Enjoying the good days

Old 05-10-2005, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enjoying the good days

Good feelings can become a habitual part of our life. There is aboslutley no virtue in the unnecessary suffering, which many of us have felt for much of our life. We dont have to allow others to make us miserable, and we dont have to make ourselves miserable.

A good day does not have to have the "calm before the storm." That's an old way of thinking we learned in dsyfunctional systems.

In recovery, a good day or a good feeling doesnt mean were in denial. We dont have to make ourselves miserable to be like them. They can have their day and their feelings; we can have ours.

A good feeling is to be enjoyed. More than we can imagine, good days are ours for the asking.

Today, I will let myself enjoy what is good. I dont have to wreck my good day or good feeling; I dont have to let others spoil it either.

Old 05-10-2005, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WOOOOHOOOO

Here is to all the good days ahead!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I needed to hear this today.

Thank you Melodie Beattie
Old 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

me too - thanks emily AND melodie!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have recently been discovering this very fact. When I'm at work, I am not certain why but I've been going to work so happy everyday and I stay happy during the whole day its awesome.

Sometimes one of the bosses, he is really miserable and angry, he will try to bring us all down, but I never let it get me down. Matter of fact, I'll bring the energy up, turn on music, joke with anyone in the company and they love it and they become happy. The happyness then overpowers the angry miserable boss and he just sits in his corner pissed off everyones happy LOL