I'm just here...

Old 09-30-2002, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I'm just here...

It has been a horrible day at work, and on top of that I think I will be needing to look for a new job...lots of BS, been at my job 10 years, but just can't really take it anymore. I almost left today. It takes alot for me to get that way.

My A was around this weekend. as usual I let him come over, and as usual its just the same ole same ole with him. When can I drink and will I get high.

I got up really early this morning and took him back to where hes been living. Pretty insane isnt it?

I feel insane. It is times like this I wish I had the support of another person at home. I get to go home and just relish in my own thoughts. Not very fun.

Bad spot right now...
Old 09-30-2002, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((( Bonbon! ))))))

Maybe you could look over Ann's excuse eliminator and find some ways to break out of your rut. Surely there are some fun or interesting things you could add to your days to eliminate some of the stress.

Thinking of you... HUGS!
Smoke
Old 09-30-2002, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

...and it can't hurt to look at your options for a new job. You spend more time there than anywhere and if it is hard on you maybe it is time to move on. Maybe your HP is rapping you on the top of your head and saying it is time for some changes.

Hugs,
JT
Old 09-30-2002, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

CHANGE IS GOOD!

When things are out of control in our worlds (which they always are) its good to look at the choices we make and some of the things we CAN change. Maybe now is the right time to look for a new job. There are all sorts of aptitude test things on the internet that can tell you what you are good at... and what kind of job is right for you. This could be your HP at work, gently nudging you towards something new that is better and healthier for you!

Be gentle on yourself.

Osier59
Old 09-30-2002, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{Bonbon}}}

Okay, here's my take....make a list. List the type of work you would really enjoy and start looking. Do something every day for 2 weeks to make a positive move in your career. Being unhappy for a long period of time in any job is the pits, and we are worth waaaayy more than that.

Then list 3 new things that you would like to try...belly dancing, tuba playing, yodelling, whatever and commit to trying at least one of them.

Call a friend and go out and have fun. Dinner and a gab can be fun if you leave your problems at home. Or go see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"...it's a hoot and filmed in my neighbourhood.

Buy some new books, so when you want a quiet night you will have something good to read.

And get a cat....they are so comforting and love us unconditionally. Don't get a kitten...it'll drive you nuts, get a cat.

Gee, I hate to be so wishy-washy in my reply...wish I could think up something specific to suggest
Old 09-30-2002, 07:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Anns gets my vote as the smartest person here tonight. There is no better advice to be given:

(1) get a cat and
(2) go see My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

If I could write a prescription I would do so!

You're the BEST!

Osier59
Old 09-30-2002, 08:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{Osier}}}}