Lets start a happy thread about us!!!

Old 05-06-2005, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lets start a happy thread about us!!!

Minnie gave me a great idea. Lets think about us and post threads about what we have done for ourselves today.

Well today I have bought a new face mask and some bubble bath. My friend has just been told she has the job she wanted so tommorow we are going out to celebrate!!!

Katie
Old 05-06-2005, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

had lunch with friend

Enjoy your celebration.

I just had lunch with a friend. (fish and chips - yummy!, with some salad on the side to make it healthy)

Robin
Old 05-06-2005, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi yes great idea - I need to cheer up.

I am going out for a meal with a friend tonight, so it will be great to catch up and gossip. I hope you have a great night out as well.

S
Old 05-06-2005, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Finished counselling - I feel like I've bloody graduated (not enough to leave without getting a number though!).

I'm just off to the local auction rooms, whacky batty antiques, mouldy things, posh things, STUFF!!! I love auction rooms!!

Gonna make haggis and neeps for tea too.... Yummmmmmm, bloaty belly here I come!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yay! What a good idea! All yours, Katie, nothing to do with me.

Well, I went and got my hair cut and highlighted today.

And tomorrow I'm going away to sail my Dad's boat another 300 miles along the English (and Welsh) coast. You lot will think I never do any work!

Have a good time tomorrow.

Love

Minnie
xxxx
Old 05-06-2005, 09:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Went to exercise class.

Set a boundary for H.

Feeling overall very good.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

equus - haggis and neeps - please translate for us yanks!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Uh oh...... errrrr.....
Old 05-06-2005, 09:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A haggis is a creature that lives in Scotland. It has 2 legs shorter than the others, so it can graze on the hills easier.

http://www.electricscotland.com/haggis/haggis1.html
Old 05-06-2005, 09:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

oh - i forgot to add mine - i had a big bowl of bread pudding with apples and vanilla sauce for dessert at lunch today - mmmmmmm. now if i could just squeeze in a nap.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Below is a haggis recipe - Minnie is lying, we all lie to make people eat it and discover it's pleasures....

But now for the truth!

Stomach bag and pluck (heart, liver and lights of a sheep --
you can substitute a selection of organ meats)
2 onions, peeled
2 c pinhead oatmeal (Irish oatmeal)
1 2/3 c suet
salt & pepper
trussing needle and fine string

Neeps is just mashed tatty and parsnip, carrot, swede etc.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I made an appointment to get my hair colored and hightlighted and cut. I called curves and i am going tomorrow for my first work out. I am also going to cut out work an hour early today, so I can enjoy just a little bit more of the afternoon, I think on the way home I will pick up something for my yard to make it pretty.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

I'm going to gorge myself today, tomorrow and the next.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Today I got a sweet deal for Comcast internet, promotion where its cheap first 6 months, comes with free digital camera, mp3 player, $25 cash back and will be ready working in my unit as soon as Monday!!!!

Going with the miracle person who met me to AA tonight, hopefully meet some nice people and learn more.

Friend just called me to go out to a fund raiser at a bar later tonight, she said her girlfriend is setting whole thing up. Hope to meet new friends there....

Work is going wonderfully! I pulled out all my clothing last night into the closet and washed / dried a few good ones yesterday, I'm wearing some nice clothing again for once!!!

Love my new home, the way music sounds in it, the space, the views from every room, hardwood floor, just magnificent!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 11:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Am "running" with my pal tonight. We're just going to run some errands, walmart, groceries, that sort of thing. He and I often find ourselves just doing "normal" things...and while it may be considered boring by some, it ROCKS as far as I'm concerned! We walk around, talk, laugh and just enjoy each other's company. We'll probably stop for something fast to eat, am thinking about Captain D's!

I need to color my hair and hope to do that after work today, and do my nails which right now, look awful!
Old 05-06-2005, 11:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well lets see...

Yesterday was the lunch date and WOOOHOO he did not have drinks at lunch, we VERY polite, good conversation and it was not all about him and his issues. I will see him again.

Studying today, and working.

Tonight going to meet my girlfriends "Love of life" and have a couple drinks. You know what, its nice to go out for drinks without all the "wonder if he is uncomfortable, he watches me or friends like a hawlk, or he wants me to go to an AA meeting/function so please dont have a glass of wine. WOW... I did not know that bothered me so much.

Tommrow is class all day, but Im enjoying it very much and Im too excited that my personal growth has started.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Great thread! I'm getting a much needed hair cut tomorrow; right now work is insane, I'm planning the last minute details of a huge conference here in Chicago which is next week - I'll be glad when that's over with, and then I'll be able to take some vacation time. Phew!

Just finished a kind of older but AMAZING book called "the Road Less Traveled" about psychotherapy and spiritual growth, and I'm feeling very mentally healthy at the moment - always a good thing!

Take care of you....
Old 05-06-2005, 12:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Today I went to lunch with my step-brother and tonight I'm going to my dad's softball game.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Cool, ggnewme, you've just reminded me to pack that for my trip next week. Great book - I love the chapter on love.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

I am going to lie in my bed and think about how good life is and relax....I have had a hard week at work!!!! My bed is my favorite place to think.....Kahlia