Mother's Day

Old 05-06-2005, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mother's Day

If you are a mommy, a mommy of a furbaby, or kids, I want to wish you all a very happy mother's day.

I am going to get my hair done for Mother's day, A gift to myself. I am also going to go to curves for the first time with the person that invited me from baseball and I am going to most likely go up north and spend some time with my mom.

It is going to be a beautiful weekend.

Does anyone else have plans for themselves on such an important day as mom's day??
Old 05-06-2005, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

painful reminder

Mother's Day this year is a painful reminder to me of my only child's alcoholism. I have never felt love more powerfully than what I feel for my child, but her disease makes her abusive and manipulative toward me.

So sad.

I'm getting through this one day at a time (with help from Alanon).

Prayers and best wishes for you.

Robin
Old 05-06-2005, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

robin - sorry that it is a painful reminder.

i plan on going to church with my MIL and hopefully just kicking back and doing absolutely nothing for a time (without the guilt)!
Old 05-06-2005, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

We'll celebrate Saturday because my son will be leaving town for a few days on Sunday. He's making breakfast, taking me to lunch then we'll go and get a fruit juicer and veggie steamer. Dad will be bringing home dinner.

I will do nothing for the day. I will not make the beds, wash clothes, walk the dogs (God help them!!!) nor answer the phone. I've wanted to have a day off and they always thought it was silly. But I told them that to have a day that I didn't have to do a bloody damned thing would be the best day for me. The juicer and steamer I threw in just because I wanted a gift for myself.

Day---keep us up on your progress and birth of your baby.. Do you know if the baby is a boy or girl? Got a name?

Robina---take heart. It isn't the end eventhough it feels as if it is. I've been through it all. I know your pain. Please take care of yourself and seek help through alanon and reading.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone...that includes Mums of Pups!!!

Love you all so very much.