Healthy friendships

Old 05-06-2005, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Healthy friendships

I want to share something that made me very happy. (Chris) I have known him for four years now! He is a great guy, his son and my son have played baseball together since they were seven, I would see him every baseball season, two years ago he brought my son with him to New York for nine days, very sweet of him.

Not long after New York he and his finacee got married, and boom right away she got pregnant, she is a nurse, very sweet person. My baby is seven, and I have decided for sure with no question, no doubt in my mind I will have no more children of my own.

Chris called me and asked me to sit for his little girl who just turned one last Friday, I was so excited, Of course I said yes, I got lots of baby kisses and hugs, and she curled up on my lap, with her little butt sticking up in the air as she slept peacefully. I didnt want to move, what a wonderful feeling, I miss that. Well the next Thursday came and he asked me again, I was thrilled, but yesterday he didnt have to go anywhere, but he called and asked if his son could come over for a bit after practice and asked me to bring him home, I said of course, and said I dont get the baby this week, and he said no, I dont need to go anywhere.

Well I brought my son's friend home, and of course I had to go in, to get baby kisses, and i stayed for about an hour and visited with them. I just love there little girl, she is so sweet, and of course the parents are nice too....lol

My cell phone rings, it is my H, where are you????? I told him and I could tell something was bothering him, but who knew what it was this time. I told him I was getting baby kisses. Then he puts my daughter on and she says to me, why are you there so long spending time with that baby????? I told her the same thing, baby kisses (she was jealous I think).

I went home lastnight, gone about an hour, I went in the living room and I was not going to ask the question what is Wrong, no way I wasnt going there. I didnt have to lastnight, he says to me, there is something about this guy, I dont know what it is, but something just isnt right???

I wasnt going to let myself get upset and go there with him, no way!! I told my H I would like to invite him and his wife and kids over sometime this summer and have a barbeque. He then dropped it.

Do you see this, they are my friends, they know me for me and they like me, Friendship is not hanging out everyday together, I have always had unhealthy relationships in the past, I have a healthy one here right before my eyes and I didnt even see it.

Old 05-06-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yes you do and hang on to it. he's obvously jealous of that - you did good by not reacting!!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He is jealous.....I still think he's threatened by your growth and will do what ever he can to get his CoDe back, even if that means hounding you and taking you from your friends.

I'm proud of you for not reacting and even moreso for living your life the way you want!!!

AWESOME!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Friendships happen

Good for you. It sounds like a great friendship.
Robin
Old 05-06-2005, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Grab on with both hands. It's going to be good for you being around people who are healthier than your environment.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OMG Gelfling is soooo right about this, to be around healthy people and healthy relationships is amazing.... I forgot how it should be when I was in the depths of what was my reality.

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree!! Hang in there they sound lovely... just what you need
Old 05-06-2005, 12:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Emily)))

Treasure this friend. I have had a problem with friendship - I ended up isolating myself for quite a long time. On Saturday, I was near my schoolfriend's house and rang him to see if he was in. He was decorating, so I sat and had coffee with his wife (who I get on with) and year old baby, with him popping his head round the door every now and again. It was so comfortable and easy! Then I went out at night with my bro, another friend and her hubby. We had a great time and have all sorts of girly things planned. I remember asking her to tell me how to be a friend - how sad is that! She said I was doing just fine.

I'm glad I'm back among friends. And I'm glad I'm learning how to be a friend.