Notices

Just A Hello

Old 05-05-2005, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Just A Hello

I didn't feel comfortable just jumping in somewhere so I thought I should introduce myself.
My name is Jazz and I'm an alcoholic...LOL...sorry, couldn't resist!
Seriously though, I decided to try and find help online because nothing has worked for me. I have been in and out of the program for fifteen years...been in treatmeant three times...done workshops, etc. and have only been able to make a six year stretch at sobriety. I usually make it about two weeks. I tend to be very shy and meetings are torture for me...(not to mention the fact that I live sixty miles from the nearest one.) So I'm hoping y'all may be my answer to getting back to "the work". Everyone seems so kind and supportive.

I feel like I'm at the end...you know? I really just feel like going ahead and just drinking myself to death. That's the main problem, I don't really want to quit. I just feel like I have to because of the pain I cause my children.
I just pray that if I get back in with a group my feelings will change.

Today is day six...keep your fingers crossed!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Jazz and welcome to soberrecovery. Congrats on your 6 days. It's a start. Besides, all we have is today. This is a great place to come for support. You were right when you said everyone seems so kind and supportive. We help each other by supporting one another. I look forward to reading more of your posts. You have found a great community.

Sherry
Old 05-05-2005, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi amd Welcome!

Jazz... Way to go on 6 sober days!

Never quit...this may be your turning point.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hi Jazz

Welcome to SR. Your story sounds like mine.I put together six and went back out. It took me 10 yrs. to get back. I know it sometimes seems easier to drink, but in our hearts we know it is really not. This disease we share is very powerful. It wants us drunk and miserable. We dont haveto listen to the lies it tells us.One minute at a time, five minutes at a time and then one day at a time.Hang in there. I am pulling for you.

Keep the faith, Trish
Old 05-05-2005, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank You for the welcomes, support and encouragement. It means alot.

Trish, I had forgotten how evil the disease is, it so wants to take you down with it. I needed to be reminded of that, Thank You!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
levine

hi jazz, congratulations on day 6. today is day 2 for me and this is my very first time trying to get sober. if you want, we can try to do it together. sounds like we both could use the support. send me a private message if you are interested. i'm proud of you and i understand you feel that you are at the end. let's change that.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jazz and Levine, today is day 8 for me...and I am struggling through it....but I know I will get there.

Just one question to those who have tried before - my GP recommended Valium to get me through the first month, (on my eighth day but really nervy, irritable and somnolent) but I am scared of replacing one drug with another (I do have an obsessive personality) - what do y'all think (to quote Doctor Phil?) Deep down I know it's a bad idea, but also the idea of drinking is much more repulsive....
Old 05-06-2005, 12:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you

Welcome Jazz, im glad you are here with us safe and sober

Your doing really well on day 6! keep it up, it will be worth it.

I hope you find it as useful as i have here. It really is a great place for information and support

Take care luv bonnie,xxx
Old 05-06-2005, 01:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Welcome Jazz!!!! i have been where you are...i'm almost 11 months clean and sober.
I had to accept my disease..i had to surrender..its worked for me. AA and SR are my lifelines today. So glad you found your way here.
As long as you have hope, don't give up!!
Old 05-06-2005, 05:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank You All! :hugehug

Trish1011, I would suggest you see a doctor as soon as possible. One who specializes in addiction. I have and appointment with my doc today.
I suffer with severe depression and panic disorder so when not drinking I take antidepressants and an anxiety med. Alot of people say that's not really being clean, but without it I can't function. I shake like a leaf all the time, never sleep and eventually get to the point where I won't get out of bed. He understands that If I don't take medication, I WILL self-medicate with alcohol.
I understand you probably don't have problems like mine, but a doctor would know what to give you to get past the rough part.