Notices

Back Agian and Agian

Old 05-01-2005, 03:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
livingego

Back Agian and Agian

Well I'm back agian. You would figure that I would learn my lession after a while but of course I don't. I've been away this time for a couple of months. It started by me stopping going to meetings, I stopped calling my sponser. Well you know what happens next. I start telling myself that I can do this on my own. I don't need anyone to help me. Its the same old horror story that most of us have been through a hundred times. But it still is difficult. I know that the doors to my local meeting hall are always open to me but stepping back through them is easier said than done.
I have been spending my time at work but I know that I am just avoiding doing what I have to do and that is go to a MEETING. I think that I am still in that kicking myself stage and to embarresed to set foot in there right now. Any feed back would me apprieated.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A big warm welcome back livingego.....this is a life long lesson isn't it? we get to smart for our own good...ohhhhhhhh don't I know....sure I can do it all alone...yeah sure...I've fooled myself with that one also.

Hey your post is a good one, you know what it's all about.....wishing you the best on your continued journey to sobriety.....go get em.

Sending possitive thoughts your way, and thanks again for your post, it's a good reminder to me also...we just can't do it ALONE.

Denise
Old 05-01-2005, 03:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear Living -

At least you know you need to come back. That is half the battle right there. Throw pride out the door and get back to that meeting. I'm sure alcohol + pride have killed many. I know it about killed me.

I am glad that you are back at SR. That is a great first step. We will be here for you. I will be praying for you.

Welcome back.

Ang
Old 05-01-2005, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you are still alive. So many die while 'out there'.

Hope you will stay in recovery this time..
Old 05-01-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
knucklehead

livingego, Glad to see you I dont really have any advice for you except to follow your heart it doesnt lie. Thanks for your honesty.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Red face

Originally Posted by livingego
Well I'm back agian. You would figure that I would learn my lession after a while but of course I don't. I've been away this time for a couple of months. It started by me stopping going to meetings, I stopped calling my sponser. Well you know what happens next. I start telling myself that I can do this on my own. I don't need anyone to help me. Its the same old horror story that most of us have been through a hundred times. But it still is difficult. I know that the doors to my local meeting hall are always open to me but stepping back through them is easier said than done.
I have been spending my time at work but I know that I am just avoiding doing what I have to do and that is go to a MEETING. I think that I am still in that kicking myself stage and to embarresed to set foot in there right now. Any feed back would me apprieated.
Avoidance is a tough one....we tend to avoid anything that makes us healthy??? Isn't it crazy.....get to a meeting, put one foot in front of the other and GET there......kahlia.....I have been in your shoes a couple of times myself.....ahhhhhh......
Old 05-01-2005, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Bring the body, the mind will follow.

There's only two times to go to a meeting: when you feel like it, and when you don't feel like it.

SLIP: Sobriety Loses Its Priority.

Keep coming back. What else have you got?

Tradition three: ....desire to stop drinking. (Period.)

We'll keep loving you until you can love yourself.

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paige

Welcome back...

The warm welcome that you will receive here will also be the welcome you receive in going back to your meetings!

We are all in this together, and you can do this! Start today!

Paige