The Lost Child....

Old 04-28-2005, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Lost Child....

I saw her again today, wearing the dress with the torn hem and the socks that did not match. Her dirty blonde hair seemed to be in dire need of a good washing and brushing. She was skipping down the sidewalk and my heart ached to reach out and extend to her some sort of compassion. I smiled at her and she smiled back, waving on her way by.

I see her every now and then and wonder why she has such a happy smile on her face when I know that her homelife isn't that great. Her mother is raising her and four other young children and the rumor in the neighborhood is that her mother drinks alot.

She likes to climb trees, giggle with the other girls on the block and I noticed that she enjoys picking flowers and smelling them. I wish I could give her some pretty clothes, maybe a new up-to-date skirt and some new dress shoes. I see so much beauty under the dirt that is smeared on her face. I see so much potential in her eyes of green.

I know so much about this child you see, for the lost little child is really me.

Kat-

Take some time to remember where you come from, where you've been, where you are and where you want to be. Remember the child you left behind and comfort her/him, because it's never too late to give to that child what was not given.

What would you have given to the little you?
Old 04-28-2005, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'd give a little me a photo album with family pictures.
Bye for now.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful For His Love...

A place where I felt safe...where I could trust that I would be taken care of and given love and value. I could just be a child and unafraid.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

What an interesting way of seeing things. This logical thinker needs to think about this...

Hugs,
JT
Old 04-29-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was given basically every materialistic item I wanted as a child because I am the only child, I would give a little me a sibling to take the lonliness I had for so many years, and allow my parents to love each other and stay together.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
and that is all that matters..

This website.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I would have given myself parents who cared more about their children then themselves.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
and that is all that matters..

Katchus,

I don't know why, but talking about my inner child is the best thing I can do for me. Your post brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face.

God Bless you and your "little girl".
Old 05-03-2005, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Steven-

"Inner Child"....hmmm

I prefer "lost child", only because I feel she is not complete...yet. There are parts to her that are missing.

I guess the inner child is when she comes out to play sometimes, for example; when I put a rubber band on the "sprayer" located on the kitchen sink and the next person to turn the water on gets sprayed...knowing it's funny and I won't honestly get in trouble. Or when I'm making a cake mix and the cake battered spoon slids down one of my children's noses...*smile*....and the little kat giggles because it's just so fun.

The lost child comes out during quite times, almost as if I'm watching a silent movie and I'm taken back in time. There are times I swear I remember seeing things happen to me but I wasn't in my body when they happened.

I thank God (I honor Him by using His name) for the many mentors He brought into my life. There is no doubt in my mind that He was with me from before I was even a thought in my mother's mind, or lack there of.

BTW....I loved watching "SPEED RACER", thanks for a wonderful childhood memory!! I wanted to marry him when I grew up...I can tell you for a fact, it didn't happen.

May God Bless you as well Steven and little steven too!

Kat-
Old 05-03-2005, 02:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I have a picture of myself when I was small on my dresser and everyday I tell her she is good I am love her. I think this is what my lost child wants. Also she wanted a soft blanket with a satin border we went shopping at a baby store and found just the right one. She can have it anytime she feels lonely,afraid,tired or just because she likes the way it feels to touch....
Old 05-03-2005, 03:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Barris-

That's not asking for much. I wish I could adopt everyone who wanted a healthy, supportive environment. I'm a big supporter of "in your face truth" with lots of "healthy hugs".

I'm sorry that you didn't get an environment that was constructive to your well being as a child and my heart aches for your loss.

As one adult to another however, I am unlike most. I believe that you are a product of your environment and as a child you become what your environment was. Some of it may be genetic, some of it may be hereditary however I believe there comes a time in one's life for "CHOICE".

There is also this thing called the "FIGHT or FLEE" reponse we as humans naturally have. Some even have the "FIGHT, FLEE or DIE" response. Which leads me back to the "CHOICE" theory.

I hope you will make the choice to fight, fight for what you didn't get as a child. Use what you've gone through so far in life...in your short lifetime...to benefit yourself first...then maybe others. But for today....just for this second...you come first. You cannot help others until you've helped yourself.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS RIGHT NOW, AT THIS VERY SECOND, BUT YOUR HEALTH, YOUR WELL BEING.

I pray that you will fight for the child no one fought for, you.

You are in my thoughts.

Kat-
Old 05-03-2005, 03:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Splendra-

I really like that idea! Buying something...okay guys, just keep those laughs to yourself! I like the idea of buying a comfort blanket, with satin trim, for the little splendra, what an awesome idea!

Have you ever come across some material that was a "trigger", a pattern, the touch of a certian material? I mean a positive trigger?

I was thinking of sewing a hand made comforter out of material that I considered positive trigger material and adding satin trim around it. It was one of those thoughts, fleeting thoughts I often get...*smile*.

Kat-
Old 05-03-2005, 03:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

WonderBoy75-

A photo album of family pictures, I understand exactly where you're coming from.

For the longest time I loved taking pictures, it started when I was sixteen. I couldn't take enough pictures. I think I had over sixty rolls of film at one time, undeveloped. One day I realized why I was taking all these pictures, because I didn't have many from my childhood.

The few I had were nothing to show off, if you can relate to that. I personally didn't want to show my friends pictures of my mother while she was drunk, stoned and I looked like a rag-a-muffin.

I do have picture albums of my husband, children and myself now. I take pictures of every special occasion and buy my children disposable cameras to take on trips and when they go off on a week end adventure...just so they can have what I did not have...a famil photo album.

I never realized how important pictures were until I grew up and I didn't have any to show my children.

A picture is really us stealing a second from time, something that we can never get back but that we can always look back upon.

I hope you steal many seconds from time in your future!

Kat-
Old 05-03-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

from saks 5th ave. babe dept. imported swiss spun cotton cotton-satinspun pastels make me feel comfy.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katchus
Have you ever come across some material that was a "trigger", a pattern, the touch of a certian material? I mean a positive trigger?
I once came across a small plastic toy. It was one of a set of oblongs, rectangles and other shapes that hooked together end to end and formed a chain. I was a grown man when I came across these at a garage sale, in the midst of working thru my own demons in ACA and ISA. I had forgotten all about those small plastic thing-a-ma-jigs.

The toy "flashed" me back to when I was a child. I used to play with that exact toy on those rare ocassions when there was nobody else in the house. It was the only time I felt safe from beatings, torture or rape. When I was alone. I bought the little string of beads at the garage sale, and keep one up on the wall in my garage. It reminds me of where I came from, what I survived and have overcome. It fills me with gratitude for the miracles that have brought me to this day.

What would I give that little boy from so long ago? Exactly what he had, a little angel that kept him alive and sane until he was old enough to run away.

Mike :-)
Old 05-04-2005, 03:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

the last time i looked at our family photo albums of when i was a child- i became very sad. i don't know that i care to look at those pictures ever again. obviously there are some issues there.

i think what i would give my inner child is a grown up who would read me books. i remember so many times wanting someone to read to me before i could read and they were always too busy.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Books,,,,me too!!!! I never remember anyone reading to me, and my former bf would all the time, I loved it. I felt like that little girl.
AAAAHHHHHHHHH
Old 05-04-2005, 05:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Catherine-

Something so simple and readily available to all children, yet so many unwilling to give such a gift to a small child.

I remember going to a very small library, this was back in the mid 70's, during "reading time". It was the only place I could listen to an adult read to me and I always brought the story teller some flowers, freshly picked off the side of the road (they were daisies), as my way of saying "thank you" for taking the time to share with me.

I didn't remember this until I read your post, thanks for the beautiful memory "trigger".

Kat-
Old 05-11-2005, 03:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

If i could give my inner child anything it would be a way of escaping from the trauma she went through, to tell her what i now know and how to block out the beatings and fighting,mentally!Without the inner strength i have now to block out my life out i could not survive! I also like the idea of books, i have learnt that books are a way of escaping into a dream world however as i know now when your sitting at the top of the stairs peering through the banisters waiting to hear the first punch or the smashing glass a book can not offer enough of a safe haven.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ACOA in Maine

I remember lying in bed pretending someone was taking care of me while I pretended to be sick. Shows what I got a lot of while I grew up...