the meaning of life

Old 04-26-2005, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the meaning of life

do you want to know what the meaning of life is? i think today i figured it out. the meaning of life is.... life.

life is growth. simple as that. life is becoming whom we were intended to be. it is finding the seeds of potential within us and letting them blossom into an adulthood that is full, rich and rewarding. life is learning that we dont have to have all the answers if we have a good heart and a true faith. life is accepting that we have to have downs to appreciate our ups. life is when you realize you have good friends, because you are a good person. life is when you realize people care enough to listen, because you cared enough to listen. life is realizing that others hug you because you are huggable. life is realizing you are loved, just as you love. life is letting others be whom they wish to be, just as you need the freedom to become whom you are meant to be. life is lessons. life is exactly what we were told in kindergarten. be nice. be fair. be good. share. that is when we realize... we are living our lives the way that we are supposed to. we are living fully. and life is pretty darn good.

may today be a day of growth and sunshine to each of you,
quietsins
Old 04-26-2005, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All good points quietsins! Hope you don't mind that I'd like to add some more.

Life is an opportunity.
It's a gift that is loaned to us temporarily. And during that time, it's up to us to learn how to live that life to the fullest.
To love others. To touch other's hearts. To be an inspiration to others. To be there when someone else needs us. To make the world a brighter place for others - as we make it even brighter for ourselves.
Life is about living with a joyful loving heart and having a smile of joy on your face, love felt in your heart, and
finding that when your time is up, that you have a smile on your face knowing that you lived well. It's a time when you may have some regrets, but that the sheer magnitude of the wonderfulness of the life you lived outweighs the regrets a million times over. Life is not something to regret, it's an opportunity.
And as I heard in an Aerosmith song (and love this so much) -----

"life is a journey, not a destination".
Old 04-26-2005, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Quiet and Standing...beautiful stuff.
Thanks.