Last night's nightmare

Old 04-26-2005, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I see what I chose to see...

Last night's nightmare

Oh gawd, now that I am facing up to my h's addiction issues, everything is coming to the surface. Last night I had a nightmare about my mom. We were at a family gathering and it was aweful. She was drunk or high but she was how I've seen her many times before. It appears that the family was confronting her on it. It seemed to go on forever....but near the end I was in a room with her talking to her and she was nasty yelling things and she was liking froaming at the mouth. My husband came in the room and said to her...ya you want 10 more pills don't you? That will make things better.
I was still in the room and had my baby son in my arms, she grabbed him by the cheeks and said, "aha, when you grow up...this will happen to you too or I'll do this to you too" or something along those lines. I woke up when my daughter came into the room. I was very distraught and shaken.

My mom died in 2002...not from booze or drugs but from complications from Crohn's disease. She was 51. However, it is my belief that the many years of alcohol and prescription drug abuse is the cause of the disease. She was doing better the last few years because my dad had retired and was administering her meds...therefore she could not self-medicate.

Does this ever go away...this happens to me about 2 or 3 times a year. She last visited me in my sleep to tell me she was doing well where she was. But the time before that I was fighting with her again...and it was very violent.

Just had to write it all down so that perhaps I could stop thinking about it today. My daughter is gone to her friend's house for the day and I have my 10 month old son with me...I think I'll meet a friend for lunch!

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Justika,

I sometimes get bad nightmares too (in times of severe stress..) I'm had dreams about killing my brother (he died 5 years ago) and about my mom (we don't talk)..

Just take care of yourself..

Minx
Old 04-26-2005, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nightmares'll happen especially under extreme stress, stay strong....