Update

Old 04-26-2005, 03:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Just thought I'd give you all a little update on my situation.

On Friday, I thought that I needed to get out of the business partnership with my ex A. He had breached the good faith clauses in our partnership agreement. However, I knew that I wasn't in the right frame of mind to deal with starting over on my own/in a new job. After all, the past few months have been constant change and we all need time to regroup. So, I have issued him with a formal warning that the partnership will be terminated if he breaks that or any other clauses. It is easier to live with waiting for the other shoe to drop than to start all over again today. Time to get my strength back so that I can deal with it when it happens. And I am under no illusions that it will.

I decided to take the weekend, and do anything other than think about the problem. It worked, by Sunday evening my decision came to me and I felt comfortable with it. And I managed to have a great time without all the stress of forcing a decision.

The answers will come when we are ready.

Thanks for listening.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 04-26-2005, 04:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

minnie,sounds like you did the right thing. You have made the decision and are happy with it. Taking the weekend was good.
Keep posting and let us know how the other shoe drops? I am curious to see what he will do now.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It worked, by Sunday evening my decision came to me and I felt comfortable with it.
I love that feeling!! Sometimes I get it through seeking other's opinions, sometimes through examining the problem versus what I want at the other end, sometimes through coming away from the problem and relaxing without it. Often as not it's a mixture of all three but I love the feeling of a decision that fits, I love the feeling of comfort that comes with it.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Minnie,
I find it fascinating that when I let go of something, I find answers. When I continue to wrestle with things, they seem to get worse. Learning how to do that is a wonderful tool in recovery. I am so happy you have found that same tool. Hugs, Magic
Old 04-26-2005, 05:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys

Magic - Although I have read so much about Letting Go, it was actually my Dad who reminded me to do it. He has no knowledge of al-anon apart from what I have talked about. And in December when I split up with my ex, Dad used to call me every morning and say "just focus on today", then hang up. Although I worship my Dad (in a good way!), I never thought my HP would have his voice!

Yes, fighting for a solution doesn't work for me. Leaving it alone does. Seems contradictory somehow.

Love

Minnie
xx
Old 04-26-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like your getting it figured out for what only you can decide is best, wish you the best!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Reclaiming yourself -- I love it!

You go, girl!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Minnie))))

I am so glad that you were able to relax and find a solution.

What you said about your dad really touched me. My dad passed away many years ago but, you know what ...my HPs voice sounds just like his(my dad's)!!! My HP uses the same humor my dad would have too and helps me find away to laugh at myself when I am taking things too seriously....