beautiful day here!

Old 04-24-2005, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

beautiful day here!

It is a beautiful day! Yesterday was a beautiful day too. The flowers are blooming, worked in the garden a lot this week, planting begonia's for the first time (hope it didn't freeze last night) under a tree that has a square frame around it). I usually plant impatiens there, but decided to make a change. Placed one in each corner. Have hosta plants around it too.

Have a very pretty rectangular clay pot that I keep on the table in the patio and every year I create a "showcase" - it is looking beautiful. My oldest daughter and I (she did most of the work) spent yesterday cleaning up the yard, trimming a tree, mowing the lawn, cutting ivy and tying the tree limbs with pretty ribbon (we couldn't find the twine!) and even tied bows... hope the trash men see our pretty little bows we left for them! Took the little one to softball practice... very enjoyable. Her first game is this week! Exciting stuff.

Life is good. Daughter decided to cook dinner last night. She doesn't cook often so this was a treat. Hamburgers on the grill, she sauteed onion and fresh mushrooms, and mixed them in the raw burger - YUMMY. She is a good cook.

Got about 5 loads of laundry done and even put away! And, you know what, I am not tired at all! A few weeks ago there is no way I could have accomplished so much in such little time. Never would have had the energy or motivation.

Some people at my office have their first soccer game today, so will be taking the youngins to be cheerleaders! Looking forward to that.

By the way, AH finally called, he is the hospital in a little town about 4 hours away. He apologized for not showing up Friday to see his children, said he just got in his car and drove, and drank so much he called an ambulance. he was appreciative that the doctor prayed with him. (this is his 5th trip to an ER for drinking too much in the past three months - I wonder how long insurance will put up with this?) Oh well, too bad for him he can't be enjoying this beautiful weather, these cute kiddos and my lovely garden.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-24-2005, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like a wonderful day! Here today, it is SNOWING!!!!!! In OHIO!!!!! I can't believe it! I will have a good day though, because today is the art show at the new co-op gallery I am in! I'm axcited! I'll put in the link. Hope it works!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v628/mamasmitty/Gallery/
Old 04-24-2005, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

I use to put off things until I was so worn out just thinking about all I have to do that I did nothing. Now I find that when I can look around my house and see order rather than choas I feel so much better though sometimes tired.

Have a wonderful day today. I will be making a mess sewing but that's a clean mess.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

lmao... egad how i wish it was warm enough to plant flowers. my local greenhouse person (a friend) refuses to give me any flowers for another couple weeks. i had a small incident of killing off a lot of them last spring. lol.

glad to hear you are enjoying the day.... snow??? cupowater has snow???? thank goodness its there and not here.

looking forward to putting in the dock soon. so i can soak up the sunshine. sounds like you are having a great day.. congrats

quietsins
Old 04-24-2005, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, here in San Francisco, we have hardwood floors and concrete to try to plant a garden. If we tried, we could maybe put it on our balcony, on top of the concrete that is... hahaha

You gotta be damm rich to have a garden round here.

I'm glad its a beautiful day there, thogh its not sunny, its bright today and weather is warm and the general feeling is energetic and excitement. Life seems so much peaceful for me without any contact to the A, and focusing on the hope of the future with supportive friends that remind me what love is really all about makes life sane and loving.

I had a great dream last night, I met a very special person.... whom I was just starting to get to know and take out... it was nice.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Been a beautiful day here too. Went to a car boot sale this am with my new neighbours and bought a wonderful mirror for my hallway. Then, my brother, his friend and the friend's 2 sons (4 and 6) came round. We had a picnic in the garden, I took the boys for a spin in my convertible (or "air car" as they call it), then they kindly washed it for me. As they left, I got an "I love you" from the 4 year old. Now I'm going to have a nice long bath and an early night.

This is what Sunday's should be. I plan on having lots more like it in my new life.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 04-24-2005, 12:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We got pink in the spring sunshine while repairing a dry stone wall!!
Old 04-24-2005, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

codemaster, a few pots, some nice dirt, you could have a pretty little garden too. And, as a bonus, most women love flowers and love a man that likes to grow flowers! HA HA HA