codie all the way

Old 04-22-2005, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

codie all the way

I have a teenage daughter who will be sixteen in June. Her cousin who is 15 came visiting to my home.

My daughter took her cousin to the people that live behind me, who has a teenage son who is 15.

My neice and my neighbor have been talking on the phone daily ever since. It was a relief to my daughter, because this boy like her, but she thinks he is a dork and does not want to be more than friends. She walks with him everyday to school, and she likes him, but she does think he is a dork.

I called my sister yesterday, and she asked why this boy hasnt called her daughter?? I said I dont know, I said I do know that my daughter told me, that my niece told her, that she didnt want this boy to be her boyfriend anymore and told my daughter that he was too blaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Well, my daughter was writing a note to one of her friends explaining this to her, my daughter said she did not want to tell this boy, she didnt think it was her place, my daughter said she never gave the note to her friend, so she doesnt understand how the note got in this boys' bookbag, she seems really confused how he got this note. My daughter is upset because this note was addressed to her friend (girl friend) after he read the first couple of paragraphs he should have known not to read the rest, because it was not addressed to him. There were things in there she said that she is embarrassed about, and this boy let his mom read the note also.

In the note it said "I told her he was a dork, she believes me now". My daughter was crying last night, because she said that if she would have read something like that about her, she would have been really hurt. She apologized to this boy, but she doesnt get how he got the note.

The parents came over last night, as we are acquantaincances, and I brought the note up. I felt really bad, as I like this boy and his parents, but I cant help what my daughter has said in a note, that he somehow got, read and let his parents read it.

My daughter is really baffeled how he got this note, she thinks he may have went through her things to get it.

Okay, my point is, I am feeling bad because of this situation. I had nothing to do with it, I felt like I had to explain to these people and apologize to these people for something I had no control over. All she said is that her friend is a dork, in the letter, it doesnt mean she dont like him, she just thinks he is a dork, and he read something that was not addressed to him, and cant figure out how he got it.

Like my daughter, I am more embarrased about something else she wrote in that letter, which was pretty bold, and unbelievable said, about her best friends boyfriend who had just hurt her. (man), that was not for the whole neighborhood to read. I cant believe the boy let his mom read it.

I am so codie, I am embarrassed and care way to much about what other people think, I have to not care, apologize if need be but leave it alone after that, and if they dont like me. too bad!!! Easier said than done.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, is that hard reading.......

I do feel better though lol
Old 04-22-2005, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hmmm

back to highschool for me but it wasn't that long ago. teenagers do alot of things like that and it happens everywhere. tell your daughter, if you don't want the world to know something don't put it on paper or if you do put it on paper put it somewhere completely safe. But she's in highschool I mean it's going to happen if they can't let kids be kids then you don't them stopping your daughter from being a kid.
for example my husband was a straight A student, he was a dork, and it wasn't just the grades it was the way he dressed and acted but cmon teenagers are harsh now a days and so will everyone else be. Maybe it's good your daughter got it because maybe 6 years down the road that boy might want a job and he might need to correct certain "dorky" characteristics now.
So you can say k maybe she helped him, maybe the higher power has somethings going on or maybe it was just down right rude but they are kids. And the dork thing I don't see any harm in it was said, she apologized, they are either going to except it or not but I do understand not liking it when people might not like you.
So if you wanted to wait a couple days and talk to his mother, you never know she might be an adult and understand it's not as bad as calling him other names that are 100 times worse or she might hold a grudge but sooner or later she'll get over it.
Becca
Old 04-22-2005, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was just explaining this to my friend at work. I said I love my H and he is an assho*e so maybe that is where she gets it from.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

..... or maybe she is just a teenager who learned a very valuable lesson. Emily, don't take the blame for everything. This is all just part of growing up. Let her handle it and deal with it.