Notices

Just wanted to introduce myself

Old 04-21-2005, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just wanted to introduce myself

Hi I'm Jared and I'm 17. I am new to being clean but managed to stay clean for the last 23 days. Staying clean was really easy for me after the first week of the shacking, constantly turning stomach, and anxiety which was the worst. Bt I have noticed that sometimes my will power is lower than it ussually was. I really have no desire to use again, I see what I can do off the drugs I went from being an D-F student to being an A student in 3 weeks, been working out and gaining muscle, The constant mood swings and dumb descions have pretty much stoped, I have my moments of irritability but I have alot more impulse contol and in just this short time I grew up alot. I'm a whole new person I went from being blasted out of my mind 24/7 for the last 3 1/2 years to enjoying sobriety. When I tell you I was messed up 24/7 it's no exageration I was smokin a quarter pound of pot a week in the last year, which was ridiculous and unessesary, pot pretty much took over my life. People tell me it's not addictive and to them I say f*ck you it's not. My greatest fear was the day I wouldn't be able to smoke, I allways carried atleast an ounce on me everywhere I went no matter where it was. I stuck with pot and only pot for about 2 1/2 years then I became an alcoholic along with my pot addiction, dabbled with cocaine for a bit but realized it made me feel to good and I liked it waaaay too much and just stoped doing it b4 I got addicted . I've had some really unfortunate things happen to me in the last year but if they hadn't have hapopened I wouldnt be sober today and know I deffinatly wouldn't have graduated high school without them happening. I was arrested in november for a felony drug charge possesion of class E substance (vikaden) , possesion of class D substance (ounce and a half 3 different bags cop knew my dad and didnt weigh it out only took pictures), and minor in possesion of alcohol. As serious as the charges were I didnt learn my lesson, ended up getting suspened indefinatly from school for the felony until court was over. I ended up smoking and drinking even more after this the arrest came to the point I didnt even get high I could smoke all the pot I wanted and I would just feel some what relaxed. Then I was arrested and charged with possesion of class D substrance carrying a dangerous weapon, minor in possesion of alcohol. The worst part was none of it belonged to me, I had left all my drugs at home because I had a bad feeling that night but it did me no good, we ended up getting pulled over cop pulled us over for no reason, and illegally searched the car ripped us out of the car against our will when I was calling my lawyer. The only thing I can say is I'm lucky I have a top notch attorney that my parents are spending thousands off dollars on and that the charges will be supressed when we go to court but it still scary, Im terrified of what can happen. I was givin probation until my 18th birthday for the first charges and got a continuence without a finding, but I mess up once I'm gone for 2 years and will have a felony on me for the rest of my life. I am also lucky the other charges occured before being put on probation, and that my dad has influence because I would would have gone away for up to 60 days for being charged with something while having pending charges. After the second arrest happened I really didn't know what I was going to do. With the help of an really good friend who I used to use with who got clean 105 days b4 I did helped me through the whole thing...He's allways there for me when Im having a tough time. I've been going to NA meetings once a week and they really do help. I see how easy life can be when you get sober but I have this awful feeling inside every once and a while telling me I'll use again and I really cant and I know I can't. I dont mean to ramble on like this but it really helps to tell my story and how I've turned my whole life style around in such a short time. I really am suprised that I even quit...I honestly cannot tell you how it happened..I took 3 bong rips b4 my first day back to school which was 4 days after ther second arrest. I had been smoking after the arrest but only a hit at a time and it was just to make my stomach and anxiety go away but it really didnt even help. It was a horrible time. After I got to school the nurse called me down and told me I had to take my adderall that I take for ADHD, and once again planned on poketing it because I seriously hated the stuff it interacted with all the booze and pot I was using and made me feel wierd but this time she was really watching me, I had no choice but to swallow the pill. I did and ended up doing really good in class for the rest if the day since that time I've been taking my meds when I go to school, been getting As on all my work, no test grade below a 90. It's so easy to accomplish things now that I'm clean but I just every once and a while get cravings but I tell myself its not worth losing my freedom and fight them off. I really do need support though anyone who is willing to help me just by talking I would really appreciate it. It gets really hard sometimes and even when it's not hard it feels good tot alk about it. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jared,
Welcome to SR! Getting sober at 17 is
awesome. You have so many wonderful
years ahead of you and alcohol and put
would only serve as time-stealers. Good
that you are taking your life back. Congrats
on the days you have already racked up sober.
Stick with the meetings and stick around here
at SR! We are a fun and silly bunch who
always reach out to help others.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Old 04-21-2005, 10:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Congratulations on the clean time.

Looks like you have gained huge amounts of understanding
I see how easy life can be when you get sober but I have this awful feeling inside every once and a while telling me I'll use again and I really cant and I know I can't.
and when you get those feelings, deal with them a moment at a time if need be but remember ... life is easier when we are sober ... and then don't pick up.
So good to see you have learned lessons early in life. Be grateful to your parents. I paid once. I bailed out twice. The third time he was on his own and has just finished paying his own lawyer bill.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
whataday

Thank you for sharing.

chris

P.S. god bless you
Old 04-21-2005, 11:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jared, your obviously a smart guy. You've made the right choice after making some bad choices. We live we learn right?
School is where it is at! The hottest girls I've ever met were in school. Girls hang out at schools, simple fact. So obviously staying in touch with your education should be the most important thing...other than girls of course...lol.
Focus on the good life, close your eyes while standing outside on a warm spring day and just breath...
Life is precious.
I'm not the best person at writing these messages so I hope you understand my humor and attitude.
Peace to you and the ones you love.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done Jared, so proud of you!!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Welcome Jared!!!! Great to meet you!! I hope yu stick around! I so wish i could have seen at 17 where i would end up at 30 something.....And i also wish i could have had the gall to see what those first few uses of cocaine would lead...you sound like a smart guy!!! I know the pot route too...yes it is addictive!!!
I'm working on my 317th day clean and sober and i never knew there was a better way to live!!!! The potential you have to get a grasp on sobriety and recovery at your age i'm sure will inspire some of the other younger ones here at SR!!!
Keep up the good fight Jared you're worth it, every step of the way!!!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Way to go Jared!!!! Getting into recovery young is great. I wish I knew the gifts of recovery 20 years ago. Glad you are here.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Welcome Jarred,

I too was a 24/7 stoner, herb llike Americian Express, "Don't Leave Home Without It" Unfortunately, it took me 16 years to get where you are now, but the goood thing is we both made it. I understand what you mean about just wakinig up one day and realizing "this just isn't working, maybe it's the pot that's *ucking everything up?!" Even though other people have been telling us that, for years in my case, it is still a stunning revalation when we finally "get it" Some call it a moment of clairity. Gotta hang on to that moment, our minds will often try to talk us out of it, but that moment was the truth shining through the cloud of BS we put up. I never had any legal problems related to my using, but on a personal level it ruined my life. I am back living with my parrents at age 36. At least they will have me. And I too really only did pot, sure I dabbled in other stuf, but it was always take it or leave it, wasn't that way with the herb, had to take that. Anyway, glad you are here, this is a good place to share stuff you are going through, challenges, successes, problems, you'll always get good support and advice. Take care and be strong my brother stoner.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone...It really means alot just by thge short time sober I see that have no needfor the drugs and booze and more but it's tempting sometimes. But il go to jail for a long time and have the felony with me forever. Even after probation is over I know I do want to use again but I know its stupid to because I can now make it into an Ivy League college and when I was smokin pot 24/7 and drinkin and using other drugs I wasn't going to even graduate high school. But I'm doing great on the sober road and I hope I can stick with it for the rest of my life but I gotta take it one day at a time Im on day 24 and it feels good I can't wait to be able to say day 30. And yeah wonderboy75 school is full of the hottest girls and I've been gettin a ton of messages from a bunch from the school I was goin to while I was on drugs who heard I was clean now tellin me how proud they and sh*t, I mean noone ever expected me to get clean I was the biggest pot head in school, used to blaze before every class in a wing of the school not used anymore stoned 24/7 it really wrecked me. and i see it now and I feel good that I put it down.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

Wow Jared, sorry I missed this at first. Dude! That is so cool, you really gave me a big old smile today. You've got amazing courage! I hope you stick around I may need YOUR help with something in the next couple of weeks. (See my signature) PM me if interested.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Good going ,Jared.I was a lot like you when I was in High School,but I didn't stop for thirty years.You're doing great by quitting now.Keep clean,it's worth it.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you Jared. Welcome to SoberRecovery. It's great to see that you have found hope at such an early age. My best friend is 19 and she got sober when she was 17. I'm quite a bit older than her, but she has a lot of knowledge and hope to share. Keep up the good work. You are definately an inspiration.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Old 04-23-2005, 05:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Way to go Jared!

Great to hear about you. I Hope you stick around here are SR...there are often quite a few newcomers around your age, college age, etc who could really benefit from your story and determination. A lot of us here are going through this at a much older age, and I am sure it would be helpful to see you as an example.

Have a good one!