My Sister called

Old 04-21-2005, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Sister called

yesterday afternoon and asked me if it would be okay if she picked up our mom and brought her with to my son's bday party this Sunday. My mom relapsed nearly 4 weeks ago(after nearly a year and a half of being sober) and I have seriously cut back on my communication with her. I ended up leaving the decision up to my son, Sam. Originally she was NOT allowed to come, however 99.9% of the time if she is here for bday parties, she stays either the week before or the week after, so she is here an entire week. So this time she will simply be here for the party ONLY. I guess I am okay with that, I am still kinda mixed on it really. My hubby is worried she is gonna start asking why we have decided to move to NC and getting snippy about it. I told him I HIGHLY doubt it. I think if anything she is going to be almost afraid to talk. So I am REALLY hoping that dh is wrong, cuz I don't need any fights breaking out. It's bad enough that BOTH my brothers and my sister are going to be here and as of 2 months ago the younger of my 2 brothers HATED my sis and wanted her dead. So I am kinda nervous about Sunday as it is. So....if all of you could say a little prayer that my son's family bday party goes nice and smooth I would greatly appreciate it. Sitting here typing this post I sit and wonder...and just WHY am I having this party? lol