Notices

question about urine test...

Old 04-20-2005, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

question about urine test...

HI, to you all.

first let me wish you a happy 24 hours... weee

ok...

now... I was wondering...I mean cuz I just had a job interview thing, well it was not really a job interview it was more like a job orientation, I suppose to start on it on monday. now the thing is that they made me do a urine test for marihuana and cocaine. I have been clean and sober for over 3 months now, 103 days to be precise, I dont worry they finding cocaine in the test as I now cocaine usually goes out of your body in a couple of days, but I was told before that marihuana usually stays on you for months. and I used to smoke pot a lot. does anyone of you knows anything about this. I mean. I was all cool about it. but I dunno I kind of got a lil bit worried about it. I really wanna have this job and it would suck that now that I have been into recovery and not get this job because of my past actions... arghhh...

*mumbles to himself* 3rd step, 3rd step, let go and let god...
Old 04-20-2005, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

I am positive that by 3 months plus it's all gone...let go and let God you are right...let us know how you get on!!! (they sound quite strict!!!!)
cathy31
x
Old 04-20-2005, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Actually I have to dispute that. It depends on how much you smoked, the quality of the bud (Higher THC levels stick around longer), and the tollerence of the drug test. I tested positive after being clean for 3 months before, and had a friend who tested positive after 4 months. Both of us were given very sensitive tests, the ones they use for health care workers and truckers. There is specific name for this kind of test, but I don't remember it. If it is just the standard dip stick test used by most employers, you are probably OK. The other test is very expensive and only used in occupations where drug impairment could be very dangerous. ie: piolts, truckers, health care, etc. Hope this helps as it comes from personal experience not heresay.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Luck and congratulations on your clean time and getting out in the real world looking for work. I know it's not easy but you gotta feel good about yourself for doing it all. I've heard that pot will show up in hair samples for a year!!! I've heard 3 months for urine testing. Go for it!
Old 04-20-2005, 11:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

YOu should be in the clear, but it also depends how active you are also if your heavy it will stay with you longer in the fat cells.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks your all your replys.

you know as I was worrying throughout the day, which is pretty much obsessive thinking I guess . but anyways all of the sudden this quote, that I have highlighted, from the NA basic text came to my mind. I knew it was gonna come in handy

"when we refuse to practice acceptance, we are, in effect, still denying our faith in a higher power. worrying is a lack of faith."

I actually had to go re-read it cuz the only thing that was flashing into my mind was, worrying is a lack of faith, worrying is a lack of faith... but it really helped me to meditate on this for a moment. as I spend to much time worrying for the future and not living here and now, I gotta work more on that. but anyways thanks, I guess I should just be cool about it and just have faith.