2 Funerals and A Wedding

Old 09-15-2002, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

2 Funerals and A Wedding

Hi Everyone

Just checking in. This has turned out to be one of the worst, most bizarre weekends of my life.

My husband flew home Thursday night for a visit and for the wedding of the daughter of wonderful friends here in Toronto. My next door neighbour passed away Thurdsay as well...he was elderly and had not been well, but we will miss him.

Then, just before my husband got here, I got a phone call from my best friend in my home town about 3 hours from here that her husband (and also our best friend) had died of a heart attack. It was a terrible shock, he was 56 years old and had never been sick ever. We were absolutely devastated and grateful we were together when this news came.

So, this weekend has been Friday- Trip to funeral home for visitation for our neighbour, then 3 hour trip to our home town to console our friend, and help her make funeral arrangements, console her two children (our Godchildren) and try to make some sense out of any of this and then drive home. Saturday - wedding of our best friends in Toronto's daughter - try to share the joy and park the pain of our loss for another day, meet the groom's family and pretend we are normal. Sunday..wedding brunch then off to our home town for visitation...and Monday- Funeral and burial of our dear friend.

Needless to say, I am an emotional basket case. It reminds me of the comedy/tragedy masks..one smiling and one frowning..I am so back and forth I have to remember which mask to have on because my emotions are frozen right now just to get through this and get done what needs to get done. I do believe that Monday night I will have one big cry and let this all out.

I will be okay and I am truly grateful to have my husband home for all this, so we can grieve together and share our strength.

For now, I am just numb and going through the motions.

Love you all and am glad you are here.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

************{Ann}}}}}}}}

Just wanted to give you a big hug!! And send one to your hubby. I am so sorry for your losses.

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 09-15-2002, 05:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks Barbiedeb

A hug was just what I needed and to check in to my "safe" place right here. Just knowing you are all here in your bunny slippers to give me a hug, makes me feel so much better.

**************{GROUP}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 09-15-2002, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

((((((((ANN))))))))

How awful! You must be wreck!

God gave you your hubby for this news....and He gave you to him...I know you know that.

You know you can cry with us anytime!

((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))

JT
Old 09-15-2002, 07:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks JT

I don't think it is a "coincidence" that this happened the weekend he was coming home. God gives us what we need, and right now we just need each other.

I must say this is the wierdest feeling...I have not had to displace my emotion for a long time...and I know enough to deal with this all very soon.

One day at a time.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((((((Ann)))))))).

I love you.
Smoke
Old 09-15-2002, 07:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I Love you guys too.

Well I am off to the wedding brunch....and then the funeral home...can't get my hat's mixed up

I'll see you all soon when I am sane again.

Love you all
Old 09-15-2002, 08:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

(((Anns)))

I am so sorry you are going through this,
but so thankful your husband is there
with you!
Thinking of you.

Hugs,
Old 09-15-2002, 08:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((((((anns))))))

Oh wow, I know that had to have been hard! It is so good your husband was there for you. Your a strong person, just take a deep breath and take it all in for now.

Love you!
Old 09-15-2002, 08:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

(((Ann))) (((Mr. ANN)))

I just had to throw my arms around you both also.

God Bless you - you will get through this and support all the people that you need to.

And when it is time to cry - let it our girl!!!

I love you too.
Old 09-15-2002, 09:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((((Anns))))) I am so sorry to hear of your loss. How often these things all come on top of each other. Thank God your husband is with you and you can help each other through this difficult time. Some people say there are no coincidences in life - I would say this is a good example. Thinking of you.

Love and hugs.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Ann,

I'm really sorry all this is happening. Once you have time to cry and let it out you'll feel better. It's really hard when your too busy to feel what you need to feel.

We're all here for you.

Hugs,

MG

Old 09-15-2002, 07:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

Dear ((((((((((Anns))))))))))))
I am sorry for all of your losses....it seems to me it always happens that way...tons of things thrown at us at once. I am most sorry to hear of your friend.
Love Kitty
Old 09-15-2002, 08:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you everyone,

I'm just checking in before I go to bed. Tomorrow is the funeral and I know it will be tough, but I am taking my Higher Power with me. This man is closer than a brother and has been our best friend for over 35 years, and his wife is like a sister to me. I know that the memories of all the wonderful times we have had with him will remain with me forever.

Strangely, this has brought my husband and my son closer together too, and I think they both treasure the time they have together.

I don't recommend doing a wedding and a funeral at the same time...it just doesn't work and you have to fake it a lot...and I am seriously out of practice with faking my emotions LOL. A warning to newcomers...once you get some serious recovery under your belt, you just can't hide in denial anymore. My husband is so supportive, even with his own grief, and when I tell him I need to get into my own space for a while, he understands.

I love you all, and am so grateful to know you are here. Life sure can deal us strange hands sometimes, but knowing there is a time and purpose for everything helps me keep my spirit in a good place.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Anns;

My thoughts are with you also. Please remember to take care of yourself and lean on your hubby and of course your Higher Power. How wonderful to have such a strong friendship for so many years and so many memories to cherish.Take care, and we'll be here when you get back.

Hugs,
MonicaR
Old 09-15-2002, 09:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Ann,

Tomorrow will be really hard for you. This is so sudden and there is not enough time to prepare for it. I know that God will carry you through this.

You are in my thoughts and prayers,

Hugs,
MG

Old 09-16-2002, 05:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

We will be standing beside you today Ann...count on it!
(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
JT
Old 09-16-2002, 08:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

((((((((((((Anns)))))))))))
I am so sorry for your loss. Today a prayer for Anns.

I just finished the book "A Prayer for Owen Meany" and wanted to get your thoughts on it, when you are able.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

************************{ANNS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

well i cant say anything that hasnt already been said....but just wanted to give you a hug to and tell you i was thinkin' bout you.

krazee
Old 09-16-2002, 05:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Dear Ann -

So sorry to hear of your loss and wanted to add my hugs and prayers. May God comfort you and your friend's family during this terrible time.

love,
deedee