May have gotten a job...but confused...??

Old 04-15-2005, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

May have gotten a job...but confused...??

I went in today for a job shadowing type thing, to see if it was something I want to do. This couldn't have come at a better time, as my Exabf left two weeks ago, also left me with all the bills and of course I have no job.

The wages in the state that I'm living in are very low, so I will be making almost have of what I was where I'm orginally from. But this job is better then no job at all I guess..

The only thing I feel bad about is that our lease is up in June, my ex A and I had planned on moving back to where I'm from, I would still like to move if I have the money, only probably without him. Today one of the women that interviewed me asked if I planned on staying in this area for awhile, and I said yes. They have had a high turn over for the position they are trying to fill, within the last few months. I feel dishonest and bad as I may only be living here for a few more months, but I REALLY need a job!!! How should I handle this? Part of me doesn't want to take the job and just move right now, so I can get a better paying job. I just don't want to be stuck in this state and at this low paying job.

I moved here with my X A, this is his home state and I don't really care to live here for to much longer...Agghhhhhh!!!! So many decisions and stress!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is the lease in your name? If so, you'll be responsible for the rent until the lease is up... If not & you have a place to while you re-establish yourself back home I'd go for it.. the sooner you move on to the next thing the better... But I'm litte confused, you mentioned the move "probably without him" ?
Old 04-15-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

The lease is in both our names. Actually the beginning of June is not that far off. I don't really have any family or friends back where I'm from, most of my old friends are big time partiers, and my best friend from HS and College is an A, I just quit talking to them.

I guess by saying "probably without him" I still think in the back of my mind he will straighten up and we can stick to the orginal plan, but I know that would happen only in a perfect world. I guess I just miss our future plans together...
Old 04-15-2005, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have some pros & cons for both decisions... when I find myself faced with those "which way do I go" situations I tend to put it down on paper, list the pros & cons for both ... Sometimes seeing it in black & white makes the decision clearer.

Good Luck!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Thanks Christine!

The way I have been looking at it is, if I have to quit in a few months so be it. I mean I can't worry about everyone's feelings; and I'm the one that will either sink or swim depending on a job. I guess my Dad always said "any job is better then no job."

I just won't be looking forward to telling my potential employer I need to quit down the line. I guess I shouldn't look that far into the future and take it one day at a time, and I know TODAY I need a job!! LOL!