What do you do....

Old 04-15-2005, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do you do....

to take care of you?

I was reading "Blue Print for Progress" and one of the questions it asked me was...What do you do to take care of yourself?

I could not answer this for anything. I'm so busy taking care of everyone and everything else, I don't take time to take care of myself. I am 6 months overdue for my OBGYN, I cancel my dentist appointments, I even postpone my counseling. I'm tired all the time and that leads to me being less patient and more stressed out. I'm sure that me not eating right, could be a big part of the problem

SO...yesterday when I was at the store I bought some vitamins, B12, Stress B Complete, and St. John's Wart (to help me with my emotional balance). It's a small step, but it's a start....lol

What do you do take care of yourself?
Old 04-15-2005, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

jess - i am kind of in the same boat as you. i have taken vitamins for years and recently started taking extra b vitamins (stress formula). just got my eyes checked, i HAVE put off going to the dentist but always go for my annual OBGYN exam and the other fun woman "exam stuff". i am tired too and it may be that i need to get into a regular exercise thing again. that has to be one of my goals to shoot for now that it's nice out again. thanks for the reminder that we DO need to do for ourselves or we will burn ourselves out!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well...I'm single so I can focus a little more on myself..

I get 8 hours of sleep, I exercise 5 days a week, I read, I pray, I meditate. I go to Alanon.

I get manicures, massages. I totally pamper myself..

I have fun! I laugh, I paint..

Amazing now that I don't have an alcoholic in my life, how much energy and time I have to take care of myself..
Old 04-15-2005, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

minx - i am so jealous! that reminds me - i was going to schedule a massage for myself! thanks for the reminder!