I am feeling the anger...

Old 04-14-2005, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am feeling the anger...

for the first time in years I am feeling rage. I don't know what do to with it. I need a healthy outlet. Any ideas? Yoga ain't cutting it this time, I feel that only beating the crap out of my husband would make it go away...then again that is a waste of energy.

Jenny
Old 04-14-2005, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take a long walk, think calm thoughts, relax. Anger is good ,because it proves you are still there mentally, what you do with that anger is the question. Use it to get yourself out. and keep it there as your sheild when he comes back begging you to give him another chance. Keep your chin up and remember this too shall pass. God be with you.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Turn up the music and DANCE!

Old 04-14-2005, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been too, it has helped for me to break all connections with the A and walk away, or as many told me, RUN. I am fortunate enough that I'm not married or have kids with such a person. I know this isnt the case for many of you and I feel your pain.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Journal, beat up a pillow, I personally like screaming in my car..
Old 04-14-2005, 09:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Actually, if you like to exercise, it does miracles! It can somehow take away all my negative emotions and turn them into postive ones! I'm telling you, nothing like exercising.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

My dammit doll works great. It's a little stuffed doll that I can beat the stew out of. Sometimes I need to get past the insane emotions to be able to think about a rational way to deal with a situation. I am not an exercise person, but I have been at times, and it works well. Hugs, Magic
Old 04-14-2005, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How about getting a few girls together and watching a real funny movie?? I did this with a friend of mine and we laughed all the anger away! Dancing is also another cool one as has already been suggested or another is Kareoke. Choose a really awful song and sing it at the top of you lungs!! Who cares!!

Good luck and keep smiling
((HUG))
Old 04-14-2005, 11:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

jenny - have any old eggs? i once took a bunch of old eggs and threw them against a cinder block wall. just hearing the smashing of the shells and the throwing of them released some tension! Of course make sure you are throwing at something that can be easily hosed off (maybe your ah? lol)
Old 04-14-2005, 12:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

jenny there is nothing better than smacking a racquetball while you visualize his head on it. the sound is tremendously satisfying, the whacking with all your might lets you put all your anger in it, the ball comes back to you to whack it again -plus it's good exercise. think i'll go do that myself!
Old 04-14-2005, 12:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I read a book, Anger Management, and that seemed to help me deal with the rage (amazing how much rage builds up when you are living with an alcoholic).
Old 04-14-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loristreily
Take a long walk, think calm thoughts, relax. Anger is good ,because it proves you are still there mentally, what you do with that anger is the question. Use it to get yourself out. and keep it there as your sheild when he comes back begging you to give him another chance. Keep your chin up and remember this too shall pass. God be with you.
I second this motion.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A had a LONG walk with the dog and really thought hard about the things in my life that are worth battling for.

Money has been so stressful for me, yet I am smart and I can work hard and have a supportive family. I will be fine financially in the long run.

My husband's drinking has been devestating for me, yet I have the tools to deal with it if I can call upon the knowledge when I need it most.

I have an idea that I will know when enough is enough.

I have a mantra to know when to keep my mouth shut and when to speak my truth.

I told him tonight that I refused to let him gamble with my money. I told him that I transfered my paycheck to an account that only I can access. I told him that gambling was a deal breaker. That I could live (not happily, but for now) with his drinking and I could live with his unemployment (as he has a job pending), and I could NOT live with his reckless use of MY FREAKING MONEY.

He was not angry. I was proud of myself.

My advice to anyone with anger...get a dog that needs LOTS of walks.

Jenny
Old 04-15-2005, 01:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Before my ex was in rehab, I never cared for the cat. But when my ex was in rehab, the cat had no one around it except me. So everynight when I'd sit down in front of the computer, the cat would jump on me.

And most of the time it just annoyed me and one time it even purposely knocked over my drink spilling all over my keyboard . I had to get a new one lol

Anyways , I started to bond with the cat. When I slept, the cat would come and cuddle with me every single night. It looked forward to me sleeping because it was the time I would give it the most attention . We started to bond and I would take videos of it when it acted funny or when it slept beside me in a little box I gave it. He likes boxes you see...

Anyhow, he's taken by his mother now and as I miss his mother, I miss him very much too.

I want a dog too , but for now I am afraid I would not be able to make it happy as I am just trying to make myself happy.

I'm glad you got a dog, do cherish the love the dog gives to you, someday I'll get a dog too. I remember my ex wanting a dog for a while, she said the day she gets a dog she knew her life would be going great and bright.