Sunshine

Old 04-13-2005, 03:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sunshine

You are reading from the book Today's Gift.

Nobody can be in good health if he does not have all the time fresh air, sunshine, and good water.
--Chief Flying Hawk

Before this part of the world was colonized by Europeans, native Americans thrived here, living in wigwams and teepees, spending their time in the fresh air and sun, and drinking pure, fresh water from springs, streams, and rivers. They lived long, healthy lives and almost never were sick--precisely because they knew how important the natural elements were.

When we feel depressed or nervous, nature is a good listener. We can take a walk in the sun, listen to the small birds, or twigs cracking under our feet, or simply the sound of our shoes on the pavement. We don't need to live in teepees to follow the Indians' example today. But getting out in the sunshine and fresh air every day, even on really cold days, rejuvenates us. Sunlight is healing, fresh air cleanses our lungs and brings more oxygen to the blood and brain. When we think enough of ourselves to take a walk when we need it, even that small amount of self-consideration is also healing.

Have I given myself time to live outside today?
Old 04-13-2005, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Finally Spring is here in the great white north and I can leave hibernation!!!

Love, Anna
Old 04-13-2005, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

not only good health but, life as we know it is sustained by these.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You may remember I lost my dear friend a week ago & am still going through alot of pain.
I am thankful for all your snippets of 'Native American' meditations & quotes as I mentioned I have wonderful connection with this.

My friend came to me in a dream 2 nights before he was buried & hugged me, it was his way of saying goodbye.
After my friends funeral I took myself off for a few days, 6 hours drive & I stayed with my Aunt in a small village. I did a mountain walk to be with HP. I needed the time away & only saw 5 people on the same walk, they commented on how I was 'all by myself'.... I told them I happy to be away from people. I am not alone when Im with HP & I have guides with me in spirit & animals all around me. I am never truely alone
It was 12.5kms (not sure in miles) 5 hours to hike this wonderful mountain range in New South Wales. They are called the Warrumbungles which are old Volcano's.

I found a quote in one of my books, I'd like to share this:

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so when their time comes they weep & pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, & die like a hero going home"
Aupumut, Mohican

love & prayers
T(focusontoday)