Notices

Periodic shakiness?

Old 04-12-2005, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Periodic shakiness?

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've been here. I'm still sober and getting better--75 days! I got a part-time job and have been pretty busy.
But, periodically, I will get shakes that feel like the "morning jitters." I woke up this morning shaky and had some shakes at work. I ate breakfast, had minimal caffeine, so I don't know what's been causing them. I get the shakes maybe once every couple weeks. Is this normal? I don't get it!

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I'm not a doctor, but I would say it is not normal. I would suggest getting a check up. It may be nothing, but when we put our bodies through the stress of addiction it can cause permanant dammage. Better to catch something early than let it go until it's too late.

Peace,

Tyler
Old 04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

I've experienced shakiness only recently and it was suggested I get checked out for hypoglycemia, as it's very common in us alcholics. Naturally, I start awfullizing, so I'm going to do the right thing and get it checked out by a doctor. I hope you do to!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trista

I too am not a doctor so i would go see one however, it may be post accute withdrawl. ive had that problem,also depending on your drug of choice-say if it was alcohol there is a chance of diabetes of liver disease.same for IV drug use there is chance for all kinds of disease and perhaps you may need to be on anti-depressants for a while not benzos or anything but maybe paxil or something. that has been MY experience and im just sharing that with you. good luck and it gets better

heart,
dopelessy devoted to hope
Old 04-19-2005, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I get a little of this too. But I also have OCD and panic anxiety. Mornings seem to be the worst, starting when I awake and then tapering off, but sometimes I get it right in the middle of the day. Situations where I am nervous really intensify it. Last night when I was sharing at a meeting it went off the hook and the subsided pretty quickly afterwards. I should probably get a check up too.

Doorknob
Old 04-20-2005, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

I get the shakes more often than not. Sometimes it's so bad I feel like a gummy bear, weak like I am going to pass out. Must have something to do with addiction.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Maybe it could have been anxiety and I didn't realize it. I had just started a new job, so maybe I was nervous at work. Hmmm? I have to get a blood test at the doctor soon to check my vitamin levels and stuff anyway, so maybe I'll have him test me for hypoglecimia or something.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Card Carrying Optimist

I am a retired health care professional (nurse) and often hypoglycemia/thiamine deficiency/anxiety seem to a problem for several weeks to months after alcohol abstinance. You may want to get a simple blood panel that includes, a liver function test (as a baseline), a fasting blood sugar test and maybe an electrolyte panel. I took brewers yeast to help with tremors and also to improve my memory...I drank alot of alcohol and it seems to be helping some. Best of luck & hugs,

Pearl
Old 04-21-2005, 10:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Lilalkie))) How are you feeling today?