I just rented an apartment!

Old 04-09-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I just rented an apartment!

He's not leaving...but I am

A girlfriend called me last week, she got yet another rent raise and she wanted to move, asked me if I was interested in sharing an apartment.

We've been looking, today we hit paydirt! 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, nice kitchen, downstairs, has a garage and a small yard.

The people in it are moving to a 3 bedroom in the same building...so it's one of those the people now in the 3 bedroom are moving, that apt gets cleaned and painted, then the people in the two bedroom move into the 3 bedroom, and the two bedroom gets cleaned and painted. hahaha

We paid the deposit today, we anticipate moving in the first June.

I'm working on my "plan" now ... deciding how much notice I'm giving the ABF ect.

There's lot to plan but THE END IS IN SIGHT!

Happy happy joy joy!
Old 04-09-2005, 09:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wtl - hip hip hooray for you! i am so happy that you will be able to being anew!
Old 04-10-2005, 12:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic news, WtL! Learning that I have to take action, rather than setting boundaries and expecting an A to take action has transformed my life and I see it's doing the same for you. (about notice for your b/f - personally I would leave it as long as possible. If he's anything like my ex, the manipulation would be impossible to bear until June 1st)

Sounds like your HP is looking after you. The first day of a new life - how exciting!!

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 04-10-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i agree on the notice thing...too much and the manipulation and confusion will make you crazy....not enough and if he has that type of personality, could make the move and the first days ..well, not good. but anyway, congrats for you!!! i think it is perfect for you, cuz at least you will have your friend for some company,which will help you get thru it and stick to your decisions. that is a problem i have right now with my break-up....i dont have anyone to really talk to,hang out with, so it makes me vulnerable. at least i acknowledge that, though, and so far have done really well not going back to him at all.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've decided to say nothing until I absolutely have to...maybe 2 weeks before, I'll be at the point where I'll need to be packing and will need to tell him.

I am so looking forward to this freedom! Thanks for sharing my excitement!
Old 04-10-2005, 05:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new apartment! Way to be strong!

I remember how I felt when I separated from my husband and rented an apartment 500 miles away. Ohh, it was peaceful. I didn't have to worry about him stumbling home drunk or smelling his breath.

And now, I'm trying to figure out what to do - I'd really like to keep this house, but I can't afford the house payment on my own.

Anyway, have fun decorating your new place and enjoying your newfound freedom!

SnoopyGal