Do I look like I have STUPID written all over my forehead?

Old 04-07-2005, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do I look like I have STUPID written all over my forehead?

Last night ABF tells me he had taken 2 vacation days starting today because "we need to work this out". I tell him there's nothing to work out, we're done.

He insists he's learned the error of his ways.

This am I left for the courthouse around 8. Walked in at 10:30 am. He's in front of the tv, looks startled, I guess he didn't expect me so early. Beer can is at his feet and there 's a paper bag. I'm awarding myself points...I SAID NOTHING. Went to the bathroom. Came out, bag gone, can gone.

Later in kitchen see can in trash..no sign of the bag.

He just left to "go get cigarettes" which always translates as "I'm going to get drunk now".

He MUST think I have STUPID written on my forehead!

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it's always so unbelievable to me that they keep using the same stories over and over like maybe if they say them long enough we'll believe it?

((walking)) hope you can be free soon!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I can do this!

It has nothing to do with you. Nothing to do with him thinking you're stupid, or him trying to put anything over on you. All it has to do with is the fact that he is an alcholic. He's sick. It's not personal against you. The 3 C's....I didn't cause it, I can't control it, I can't cure it.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I dont know if you remember that post I posted about stupid signs, but it is great.
My H needs a stupid sign today.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid." That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops...never mind, didn't see your sign."

It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My neighbor comes over and says, "Hey, you moving?" "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."

A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big ol' stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock goes, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?" "Nope. Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."

I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was a guy inventing a shark bite suit. And there's only one way to test it. "Alright, Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good... They want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you." "Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don't wanna lose it."

Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and I SWEAR he said, "Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist. I said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."

We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says, "Darn that's hot!" See, if he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.

I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't you know, I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out, no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning...okay...no problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign...until he asked, "So, is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig and then back to him and said, "No, I'm delivering a bridge... here's your sign."

I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said, "Are you still here?" I replied, "No. I left about 10 minutes ago. Here's your sign."

Anybody you know need a sign today?

The next time someone says something stupid ask them where their sign is.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No, your sign needs to read in big bold letters...I WILL NOT BE BOWLED OVER BY YOUR BULL***T.

Why the repeated stories..well hey...they worked before right?

It had gotten to the point that before Sonny opened his mouth...I could tell what lie he was about to tell...the look in his eyes..his body posture (or lack of it) all told the tale.

Give yourself loads of brownie points for not boiling over when you came back from court. You obviously got your message across loud and clear.

Hugs,
Old 04-07-2005, 04:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Lightbulb Regarding signs.....

Emily33 said it all...I have NOTHING else to add..........Kahlia
Old 04-07-2005, 04:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

WTL,

I just got fed a load of Sh*t too. And I believed it. Now I am stupid for falling for it. This will end soon for both of us I hope.
Mindi
Old 04-07-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, he's gone to pick up his paycheck. I went to make the bed, there were 2 empty bottles of liquid crack shoved under the bed, I suspect it was part of his breakfast. He has a four day weekend right after payday...sounds like a he's planning to stay on his ass the entire weekend.

The tape player is ready, if he starts screaming, he'll be on tape.

I have three new books lined up, my gas tank is full, and I will NOT be messed with. I am DONE!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

way to go WTL - sounds like all the x-rays have given you an extra "power surge". i hope you enjoy your weekend to the max!
Old 04-08-2005, 12:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i totally understand your post. sometimes i feel like i must really be an idiiot. i must really look like someone that just is easy to disregard. now i know, i read the post how my h is sick and he can't help it but i honestly can't take it anymore. i can't take those words because they are always used as an out. well, i WOULD have come home right after class but i have a DISEASE you see. i think my ah takes it as a way not to be responsible for his actions. i am tired of excuses. i am also tired of me doing stuff to help him stay sober and then it is for nothing. i don't drink wine at dinner anymore, i don't do anything where people may be drinking. i guess i am selfish....i just wish things would get better...they can't get much worse. last night, my dad was in from out of town..his jeep broke down...we had to take a cab back to our apartment because ah was drunk somewhere...try explaining THAT to your police chief dad. what a great night.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

daisy1092, I'd bet a police chief would understand it, I'll be he's sees a great deal.

((((daisy1092)))))
Old 04-08-2005, 08:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

My dear sponsor often tells me

"He's not doing it TO you, he's just doing it. "

As Kathy said, he's an alcoholic and he's doing what alcoholics do. It sounds to me like you're taking care of yourself and making a plan. Good for you. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs

Barb