Lost my emotions

Old 04-05-2005, 02:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost my emotions

Has anyone lost their ability to cry? I mean, I never cry! (unless its a sad movie!) I am usually a happy person. When I am home, I just go through the motions. I don't feel the need to cry, or even feel like I could if I wanted to! I also don't feel like I could be "in love" again! Hmmmm.....Interesting. Anmyone else?
Old 04-05-2005, 02:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I think that may have been my bottom?
An emptiness. A feeling of being void of any emotions.
Pinch me do I not hurt? Well at the time No I didn't, or so it felt.
Having felt so empty and knowing I couldn't locate or replace what was missing has given me the understanding that love truly comes from God.
I now feel a full measure and I know it was His placing His love in me that now allows me to laugh, cry, hug, enjoy, love, and be loved.
What a yuck feeling that emptiness was. I don't ever want to go back there again.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

From the age of 6 to 22 (ish) I'd have said you could count on one hand the times I cried in front of anyone. Within that time I'm sure there were whole years I didn't cry at all.

By 22 I reached the goal I'd been aiming for, I achieved it, I didn't have a distant, near impossible target anymore. I don't know if that was why, but at the same time I started to cry, I cried if I failed, I cried if I felt hurt or rejected and alone I cried for an absolute grief of what a childhood should have been.

Fast forward 12 years and I cry (I guess) about once a week over all sorts of stuff, even if I watch a sad film. It isn't much of a big deal anymore, no-one's surprised that I cry anymore, more to the point I'm not surprised!

I know the ages are different but human beings are just human beings at the end of the day. I know for certain it's not impossible for things to change.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by best
An emptiness. A feeling of being void of any emotions.
Pinch me do I not hurt?
See thats the thing! I DON'T feel empty! I have a lot of joy as far as my family and my art, but I never feel sad enough to cry! Like I have blocked or pushed that emotion right out of me! It's weird!
Old 04-05-2005, 03:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I have had valleys and mountains but not the void as in the past.
I find it to be a season with no tears only to have them show up again at 60 MPH as I listen to the radio on the highway *LOL*

Sort of a callousness that comes and goes. A joy when the tears come, even if they are tears of sorrow. Can’t put my finger on what brings the return… just know that they do.
Could be as simple as enjoying the simple things of life or a prayer or reading God’s word. A thinking on the smells and sounds of nature. Seeing a baby smile or laugh.
If I can figure it out, I will bottle it and sell it LOL
Old 04-05-2005, 04:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

cup - i too have not had a good cry in a long time - i think the last time was when i had to put my 19 yr. cat down which was 1 1/2 years ago. I used to be a crier, probably almost 30 years ago. But I seldom cry now - i do find myself on the verge sometimes (different things prompt it) but then always find myself stifling it - must be some kind of coping mechanism i have put into place altho i have no idea why!
Old 04-05-2005, 04:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

All I did was cry not all that long ago. Then I stopped and then I started again. I guess I am like Best. I have periods where my emotions are all over the place and periods like now, when I am...even, for lack of a better word. I have been empty but that's not it anymore...

There are places I can visit and cry. They are there if I want to go there...

Make sense?
JT
Old 04-05-2005, 05:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

that's a great thought jt about places to visit and cry!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cupowater
but I never feel sad enough to cry! Like I have blocked or pushed that emotion right out of me! It's weird!
I'm the exact same way. I look at it as I've endured so much in my past that I just don't let things get to me, maybe? I can't even cry if someone I love had passed away. Tell me that's not crazy.

I think the only emotions I am capable of feeling are happiness and anger.....

I just had a thought.....If I get really really mad and my emotions are on overdrive, I will cry when I start to calm down. But, usually that's what it takes for me to cry.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

There were many years that my emotions were always just below the surface, ready to boil over. I stuffed them down and tried to control them. Then the smallest thing would bring the weirdest responses.

Working through my deep emotional issues helped me to clean out the volcano. Little by little I worked through my garbage. Today, I try to be aware of each situation and how I feel about it. That way I don't have to let it fester and grow into a huge outburst. Emotions are just a part of life. Having support to deal with them, large or small, when they come up is a great tool. Learning to be in tune with them and allow them to be is a great tool too. It took a long time and a lot of work to get to that place. I like that place a lot better. Hugs, Magic
Old 04-05-2005, 07:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'll "tear up" if something "moves" me, but not the big gut wrenching Boo-Hooing!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I happen to think that I am to emotional and too sensitive, I was watching a volleyball game on tv the other night, it was a championship game, I never watch volleyball, I was in my own little world, there was nothing else on, I use to play volleyball years ago, so I thought what the heck.

I started tearing up, because the team that won the championship was so happy and most of the girls were crying.

On the other hand, my H can call me every name in the book, meanly and visously, I can be very patient sometimes and walk away, and other times I just cant take it anymore and I cry, and other times I get angry and tell him now awful he is, and remind him of some of his faults.