so v.v. tired

Old 04-02-2005, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so v.v. tired

am so very very tired. And am so very tired of being so tired. AB stopped drinking a month ago. As much as I absorbed about alcoholism intellectually b/n then and now, and as much as I thought I understood, emotionally, I realize I believed that deep down, that his stopping drinking meant that he (and I) would come back to the 'us' I thought we had. He hasn't. While I am unbelievably proud of him for choosing to stay sober each day, at the same time, it feels like all this has done has highlighted that there isn't any "us" to the "us" I thought we had and could be. How foolish is that?! It wasn't so, and I realize that it can never be. So here I am, in a relationship that isn't going anywhere, and the pain from understanding that what I thought we had for the past 2+ years is just all a facade is just so unbearably immense right now. When does it get better?
Old 04-02-2005, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

avs, he's a month sober.
That doesn't mean he's "all better now".
Far from it.
He's just gotten the booze out of his system.
And as much as we would like to believe it, getting sober doesn't magically cure all the ills that the drinking created.
Recovery is a long road.
He's still at the beginning of it.
Doesn't mean things can't get better between you two.
It means that just for today, he's still working through things.
So are you.
Give it some time, and be gentle with yourself.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

avs

Don't forget that you both need to heal from this. There was a reason that you got together with an alcoholic and you need to get to grips with that as much as your b/f needs to get his recovery.