OT: Ladies lets raise our Big Toes to the Oath!

Old 03-29-2005, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: Ladies lets raise our Big Toes to the Oath!

I got this from a friend...

Sandal Season

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Faux Paux Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes:

I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.

I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.

I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.

I will shave the hairs off my big toe.

I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.
If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.

I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.

I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids’ sizes. This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.

I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.

I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes look like they've been dragged behind her car on the way to work and no sandal in the world is going to make her feet look good.

I will promise if I wear flip flops, that I will ensure they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.

I will promise to go to my local beauty school at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $15 and worth EVERY penny). I say spend another $15.00 and get an even better one.

I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear...nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals...

For all our sakes, please don't keep this to yourself - pass it on to other Sistas' May God Bless your Soles as well as your Soul!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

lmao!! how did you know i did this? what about mules- and big weeping scabs from a blister caused by a new pair of shoes? are bandaids ok?
Old 03-29-2005, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

wonderful wonderful....gotta pass this along. Thanks
Old 03-29-2005, 11:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is TOO GOOD!

Thanks so much for sharing it!

Old 03-29-2005, 11:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Very very good!!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by escape artist
lmao!! how did you know i did this? what about mules- and big weeping scabs from a blister caused by a new pair of shoes? are bandaids ok?
I do not make the rules... I only live by them!!

Christine (who only just shaved her big toes this morning!)
Old 03-29-2005, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh man - not only will i have to shave my big toes but now my legs more than once every 2 weeks now that warm weather is coming again! lol
Old 03-29-2005, 03:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Finding Strength

OMG this is toooooo funny ...thank you for sharing ...I am going to hang it in the staff lounge at work.
M
Old 03-29-2005, 07:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

still laughing as I read it.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

*shamed*

Since early childhood I've hated shoes. As soon as I'm in my house they're kicked off (anywhere and EVERYWHERE), in summer my feet get hardened just walking barefoot round the house - and at the office when my mules have been kicked away. I once realised why the Assistant Director was looking at my feet, I was in her admin's room (barefoot as usual!). I can't run in mules, so if I dash to catch a bus I carry them and run my heart out barefoot (totally wrong for someone 34 yrs old). My varnish is never perfect, my feet are never pretty but Oh God I won't stick them in shoes come summer!!

I still resent having to put them on so that I don't look like a lunatic going to the corner shop in summer.

Graet post though - made my face glow red!!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by equus
*shamed*

Since early childhood I've hated shoes. As soon as I'm in my house they're kicked off (anywhere and EVERYWHERE), in summer my feet get hardened just walking barefoot round the house - and at the office when my mules have been kicked away. I once realised why the Assistant Director was looking at my feet, I was in her admin's room (barefoot as usual!). I can't run in mules, so if I dash to catch a bus I carry them and run my heart out barefoot (totally wrong for someone 34 yrs old). My varnish is never perfect, my feet are never pretty but Oh God I won't stick them in shoes come summer!!

I still resent having to put them on so that I don't look like a lunatic going to the corner shop in summer.

Graet post though - made my face glow red!!
LMAO too good
My daughter (19) hates shoes also. Just the other day she was having horrible stomach pain. My oldest daughter went to the house to take her to the doctor. I got a phone call, Mom would you stop by the house and get her shoes. Why no shoes I ask, her stomach hurt too bad to bend over and put them on. Now that was one of the best excuses for not wearing shoes yet. Can you picture a 19 yr old sitting in the drs. office with no shoes?