Shocker...

Old 03-26-2005, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shocker...

My AH called me today and asked what I was doing...you know, normal conversation. Anyway, I told him that I was going to get a perm (something I am long overdue for). He OFFERED if to come over an sit with the kids while I was there (do you know how frustrating it is to sit at the salon with two restless kids for 2 1/2 hours?). Then, while he was here, he fixed the privacy fence. I asked asked him about a month ago if he would fix it this summer....he did it today, without me asking. He even came over here with the tools to do it.

Hmmm....not sure what to make of all this. No, I'm not getting my hopes up at all....I'm still guarded. (He said he hasn't drank in 3 weeks.....btdt)

ps....I got my new furnace
Old 03-26-2005, 06:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

I was wondering how thing went about heat. Glad you were able to get one. It's still too cold to do without heat.

Go along for the ride with him...you don't have to do anything but detach. If he wants to fix things around the house, cool. Be cautious with praise and rewards. A simple thanks should do.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You rule! I would leave a "to do" list on the kitchen counter for any other encounters that he feels deserves some goodwill. Don't let down your guard -- then the worst that can happen is that you're still in the same place but you've got some serious handyman work done around your home.

Stay strong!
Old 03-27-2005, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Guilt! My AH does it. On the flip side, it kinda sucks, cause they are not doing it cause they want to help. They are doing it to make themselves feel better about drinking! But I'm glad you got it fixed!
Old 03-27-2005, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gelfling
Be cautious with praise and rewards. A simple thanks should do.
When he left, I said "thanks for helping out with things tonight." But that's all I said.

On St. Nick night, St. Nick left my AH a stocking full of candy. He wanted nothing to do with it....It hurt, ya know.

Anyway, the Easter Bunny came last night and took his name off of OUR basket. He got nothing.

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter. Me and the kids had a blast!!
Old 03-27-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cupowater
Guilt! My AH does it. On the flip side, it kinda sucks, cause they are not doing it cause they want to help. They are doing it to make themselves feel better about drinking! But I'm glad you got it fixed!
He said he hasn't drank in 3+ weeks....I'm not too impressed by that. Anyway, I can't help but to think that is sincere about his actions. CoDe thoughts slipping back in.

I'm NOT going to let my guard down. I'm NOT going back to the old CoDe Jessie I used to be....NO WAY!!! My life has been too peaceful to go back to that.

He is going to have to win back my heart....completely!!! and be the man I need him to be if we are going to a future TOGETHER. I'm not eating his $h!t any more. (sorry, I got a little pumped up )
Old 03-27-2005, 07:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Jessica, glad to hear you aren't going to eat his $h!t anymore! Good for you. Glad to hear he is pitching in a little too. I know that means a lot to us "single" moms.

Peace to you tonight! Have a peaceful week too.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Jessica- that is really good if he has gone 3 weeks without a drink..I'd let him fix anything he wanted! ha I know what you mean about keeping up the gaurd! MY AH went to church yesterday and hasn't drank for a week...my gaurd is still up to..Good luck!! I hope it all works out