In and out....

Old 08-30-2002, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

In and out....

Hi

Just a quick note from me. I've been getting on to read and really not getting a chance to post. I even forget to log out sometimes.

Things are going well here. She is a bundle of energy. Toys are every where (which expected, our house is so small). She is very well behaved so far. She had a hard time sleeping last night but that was to be expected too. She is registered and ready for school which starts on Wednesday. I think once school starts it all won't feel so overwhelming.

Anyway, just wanted to drop a quick note. I will try to be back later but who knows

Take care.
Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 08-30-2002, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Debbie...

You sound nervous... you'll be great and she will adore you!
((((((((Barbiedeb!!!!)))))))))

Love,
Smoke
Old 08-30-2002, 04:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'll bet you love every moment of it!!!!

Remember, she won't break. You can leave her in a safe environment with her toys and put your feet up with a book or something relaxing. Believe me, you'll hear her if she needs you.

****{Aunt Barbiedeb}}}}
Old 08-31-2002, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

BD!

(((((Barbiedeb))))) Have fun!!! You sound like you and she are doing great so far!

JT
Old 08-31-2002, 05:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi all

I have some quiet time, who ever evented the cartoon network was a genious..... Actually, I asked her to watch cartoons in the living room so I could sort out her clothes and put them in some drawers.

We are having tons of fun. We got our haircut today and did some shopping.

I am nervous but getting better. Just thought I would pop in while I could

Talk to you all later.

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 08-31-2002, 09:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Debbie,

I'm glad it's going good. I broke down and bought a little TV for my grandkids while they are here. I didn't want to fight over the TV anymore. They always won.

Hugs,
MG

Old 08-31-2002, 09:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Do kids watch Bugs Bunny anymore? Longhorn Leghorn was always my favourite.

Glad things are going well.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Barbiedeb

Just want to let you know that you have been in my thoughts this week and I hope you are having a wonderful time with your niece.

I know you have been busy, but wanted to tell you we love you and care...and miss you too.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I have been thinking about you too - Did you get the pix I emailed you. I hope so I know you would love it.

I am sure she adores you - I know if you were my aunt I would LOL.

Take care.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Sponge Bob Square Pants is the latest. You should watch it, it is very funny.

Cow and Chicken is too gross for me, but the kids love it.

Old 09-06-2002, 10:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

She is soooo lucky to have a special person like you to care for her. You'll make such a difference in her quality of life and I'm sure it will make a difference for her in these very important years!

Sherri
Old 09-07-2002, 07:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Gang!!

I finally have a minute while she is in the tub. What a nutty week, I think the first week of school has worn all of out

We get a break today!! She is going to a local picnic with her family and they are keeping her overnight.

Things have been good here. I am certainly not used to a six year old but on a whole she is a very, good girl.

I am a bit miffed , pissed at her mother though. She keeps making promises to this child she doesn't keep, she tells me things and she doesn't follow through. I can now see she is a very irresponsible person and I am trying not to let it bother me, I hate seeing this child disappointed all the time because mom doesn't show up or call when she says she is and then when we try to call her, we can't seem to find her.

I've been asking her for socks and extra clothes since she has been here and I haven't seen them. I keep getting, I forgot. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed buying her stuff and I got her through the first week of school, clothes wise, and I am not asking for new clothes, just the clothes I know she has!!

Oh well, enough of my complaining. I just wanted to check in, and tell you all that I miss you. I hope to be hanging around a bit tonight unless I do something out but I did actually go out a couple nights this week so I had my ME time.

Talk to you all later.
Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 09-07-2002, 08:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Barbiedeb

It sounds like the mother is terribly irresponsible, and that is very sad. What about the child's father? Is he in the picture at all?

I have a feeling that this may be bigger and last longer than you originally anticipated, but God puts us where we need to be and this little girl is so blessed to have a wonderful aunt like you. And it is good to hear that you are taking some time just for you, too.

My heart goes out to you and you are in my prayers.

Enjoy your break today and have a wonderful weekend.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Ann

Her father is my nephew and he is just as bad, it seems like he is working alot though. I don't know, the lack of communication is annoying. I will keep her here as long as she needs me. We are finally getting some rules down, I think her mom just let her do her own thing. I need to start thinking like a "mom", do they have a book on that?

Thanks for your kind words and prayers, I am sure that is what is helping us get along

Talk to you soon.
Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 09-07-2002, 08:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

hey debbie!!!! i just had to jump in here and tell you....... YOU ARE AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that little girl is so very lucky. i just really think you are an incredible women.

by the way hi everyone!!!! im back in ky just kinda in a funk and havent had much to post but i have been lurking and trying to keep up with everyone.

************************{HUGS TO EVERYONE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

and a special one for you debbie..........
Old 09-07-2002, 11:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey Krazeegirl

Get outta that funk and come talk to us. We miss you and your Krazee sense of humour.

And Barbiedeb...a book on being a mom?...let's see - there's the AA Big Book, Codependent No More...oops wrong kind of mom.

My suggestions would be clear rules, consistancy, routine, little rewards for extra special efforts, "listening" (even a 6 year old has something to say), and lots and lots and lots of love. There can even be love in disciplining them.

And give her responsibility, this is something she has not learned at home. Little things appropriate for her age - putting away her things, keeping her room tidy, helping you sweep and dust.

LOL - the only RULES I remember are keep 'em dry, keep 'em fed, keep 'em clean, and keep 'em busy.

I am laughing here, sorry, but you are asking advice from codependent moms whose kids didn't quite turn out to be Little Jack Horner. God bless you for thinking we might know. I will always wonder what Al Capone's mother was like .

Just keep doing what you're doing - it seems to be working just fine. Keep us posted.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Ann

Thanks for the suggestions!! You guys are great moms!! It was society in general that played the part in addiction happening to your loved one, nothing you may have or may not have done!! Can anyone say they have a little Jack Horner as a son, sitting in the corner.....wait......I just veered off for a moment....

Anyway, we establishing some rules here. I just hope being with her family for the day and night doesn't undo it.

and Krazee, thanks for the big hug!! Right back you!! ******{Krazee}}}}.

I miss you guys!!

I need a nap....lol

Talk to you all later.

Love,
Debbie
Old 09-07-2002, 12:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL - I KNOW we are great moms. What I meant was God bless YOU for thinking we are.

******{zzzzzBarbiedebzzzzz}}}
Old 09-07-2002, 02:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

My 4 year old grand daughter started school last week. The school is close to home and her parents pick her up everyday. Everyday she gets in the bus line and glares at her parents when they pull her out of the line to take her home. She is determined to get on that bus. She doesn't care where it goes. She says she'll just tell the driver what city she lives in.

I just love children.

Hugs,
MG

Old 09-07-2002, 02:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh MG - that is adorable. I think this little girl takes after her grandmother!!! A mind of her own. And that is a good thing.