Notices

still hangin in

Old 03-24-2005, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

still hangin in

Its been a while but i,m still hanging in their and managing to stay sober.My sister turned 30 today and she ask me to take her and her friends bar hopping and i said yes tell i felt uncomfrtable and would leave.I jest hope i,m not making a big mistake.The end of the month well only be 3 months for me.I guess in a way i,m hoping to maybe meet somebody,only really have done that drunk kind of funny i guess to say that.I had a bit of a scare today i ordered supper and i guy i went into detox,rehab was the delivery man.He asked how i was doing and then he told me he fell off after a year of being sober.I kind of looked up to him and it scared me.So i told him to give me a call and we would go for coffee and talk so we,ll see what happens.Well got to go and get ready for tonight.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Hey dave-

Glad to here that you are still hanging in!! Thanx for letting us hear from you. It's just one day at the time dude!!((((((bighug))))) to you....
Old 03-24-2005, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dave

Thanks for checking in.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Dave,

Yeah, I have to say, that the thought of going out is pretty scary. I know it is hard to get back in since I've been through that myself. Took me years to get back after my first time in the program. That is something to be scared of! Good luck trying to help your friend. I'm sure you know that what you will be doing is really 12th step work. You're lucky to have a chance to help someone that way. Bet that will feel pretty good if it happens.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Dave
Good to see you...
Praying for your strength in sobriety tonight... probably not such a good idea in the future to go out bar hopping, especially with your new again sobriety.

I was in Vegas this week and was surprised at how quickly the addictive mind like to shift in to overdrive and go for the booze, used my tools and thought it through and quickly snapped out of it... still scary though... at least i can see when I am going into auto-pilot and quickly hit the off button...

hope to see you around... enjoy that coffee with your friend in recovery.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replys.Last night went fairly well i did,nt have a drink,if was offered a lot.Kind of funny i woke up like i had been drinking and so far slept most of the day.But at least i can say i did it and to tell you the truth i dont miss the bar seen at all.Jest for the record it cost now $4.25 for a drink who can afford to drink in the great white north anymore...
Old 03-25-2005, 08:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dave
it cost now $4.25 for a drink who can afford to drink in the great white north anymore...
glad you made it Dave. another good thing about being sober is the money you have that can be spent on much better things. things that having some lasting value to you. pretty good feeling.