Notices

when my sister and i grow old we will wear purple

Old 03-23-2005, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

when my sister and i grow old we will wear purple

was thinkin' this mornin' of how when i first seen you on here and the laughter n tears... and how it must be hard to talk to me at times for you. but you know that i adore youi will never forget your face on this screen and your humbleness, i will always be inlove with you. you have come soooo far and your smile is real and sweet. you need to know i am here and you are loved and needed and everyday you step further away and you have and will continue to love yourself God i love me, i saved last cheque from bowf****dupcrest and first cheque from beautifulbowveiw yest and at 6am by tele-bank i paid 333 to shaw n 292 to gas n 100 to phone n wrote cheque for renty, total of approx 1500 n took the ladies to singapore sams for chinese food on 11 ave our fave in the blowin' snow on the bus. Lovely. love yourself for where you've been where you are n where your goin' love yourself for what you put up with n don't put up with love you forcourage and depth of feelings. love youself for your toughness and insecurities,yourfrightfullness your bichyyness n freedom lovin' carefreeness. i love you for all these things n more so ...to be continued.........love you, love me

My sister saw me for the first time on web cam a week or so ago.we live in different cities. I haven't seen her for 2 years. this was my first e-mail i looked at this morning...tears are falling.....
She got fired, and the same day got her old job bac...she was struggling with her finances sooo much....i suggested prayer....the power of prayer!!!!1it worked!!
This is truly one of my gifts of recovery!!!!
To think the last couple of days i've been craving pretty bad.....
Feelin alone, and lonely,...i believe they are two different things
Thank god i didn't pick up that first one...i probably wouldn't have read this!!

i got my stereo back the other day, the disc in it was the dixc i was listening to on the day my spiral to my bottom began. It still had coke smears on it...
Blue Rodeo, Tremolo, some pretty sad songs...
Well i spent that entire day lost in some pretty vivid memories.
I went and treated myself to a new disc yesterday even though i can't afford it.
My favorite song these days.....God Bless The Broken Road.....Rascal Flatts
this song i sing to my HP with all my heart and soul!!
I set out on a narrow way.....Many years ago....Hoping i would find true love....Along the broken road....But i got lost a time or two....Wiped my brow....Kept pushin through....I couldn't see how every sign....Pointed straight to you...That every long lost dream....Led me to where you are....Others who broke my heart....They were like northern stars....Pointing me on my way....Into your loving arms....This much i know is true......That god blessed the broken road.....That led me straight to you.....I think about the years i spent....Just passin through....I'd like to have the time i lost....And give it back to you......But you just smile and take my hand....You've been there, you understand.....It's all part of a grander plan....That is coming true.....Now i'm just rolling home.....Into my lover's arms.....this much i know is true.....That God blessed the broken road....That led me straight to you.

i refuse to let this demon win...i will stay in today, grateful for another chance!!!!!!! God Bless recovery, the broken road that leads to it, and YOU!!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful For His Love...

You are richly Blessed and highly favored of the Lord...Love and happy ressurection day,your new life is blossoming, thanks for being you!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi wantneeda,

I read this and am so happy that you have connected with your sister. That is real proof that there are phenomenal things for us in sobriety. I know how lonely it can get and just hope you are not too lonely these days. You know what they say: that is a killer for us. I am so glad you did not pick up, but at the same time can feel you are in a bit (maybe a lot) of pain. I won't speel the usual drill, because you already know it, but hope you are doing ok and can connect with some of us in the program face to face soon. You always have SR and all of us here to help out on this at times rocky road.

I am so glad you are here with us.

Jup.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's us that choose to step away from our rightful HP guided path.

And God sends us little miracles to remind us that choosing his path will give us rewards that no drug.. no booze.. no man.. no food.. will ever compare to.

Blessings on you and your sister...
Old 03-24-2005, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Bless you WN. I also sing that song loudly all day. I think it says so much. We are on a broken road, but we can make it through.

It's so refreshing to see you posting so excitedly about your sister. How wonderful that you 2 connect like that. You are so hopeful and excited today, don't lose that. Have a wonderful day. ((HUGS))