AH finally broke down yesterday and went to his 1st meeting!

Old 03-23-2005, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH finally broke down yesterday and went to his 1st meeting!

He called me crying yesterday saying he can't lose me, he will die if he loses me (since I filed for divorce) and he wanted to know if there was a meeting to go to..I hooked him up with some men in recovery and this one sponsor (who has been clean for 15 years) drove my husband and 2 other guys to a meeting and then there was another meeting after that, so my husband was with these recovery people from 6pm until about 12:30 last night..He won't confide in me, but at least he took a step in confiding in them..His workplace is a very bad environment, but apparently he is making a lot of $ and blowing it all..He didn't go to work today either and told me that he may go to a meeting today at noon..I am trying to pray and place God in His hands..I pray that God helps all the people recoverying from addictions....I just fear when he has to go back to work and be around that fast environment and the temptation..
Old 03-23-2005, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

end - that's a first step anyway. i also pray for those recovering from addictions along with those that are involved with them too (actually, we are recovering from them too - just a different kind)! you are right to pray and let God take care of him - so easy to say and sometimes so hard to do!

hugs - chris
Old 03-23-2005, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

cHRIS, I had to about pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming cause all this time he has denied everything to me and not got help..I couldn't believe how easily he went with the recovery guys I hooked him up with..That seemed to ease him having these other guys in recovery..Even though he didn't confide in me the extent of his addictions, he did confide in them..And for now, that is good enough for me..I hope he dedicates himself to a life in recovery..I really do..(but am not counting on anything)
Old 03-23-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yep - i understand - i thought mine was on his way last week and he ended up dropping out after 1 session. i pray this is not the case for yours and maybe someday (whether i am still around or not) mine will have found peace in recovery.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel so good for you. I think all we can do is to enjoy the good news - none of us have a crystal ball.

He really knows it's there now and that has to be a bonus!!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know..I'm just scared and waiting almost..waiting for him to mess up..I was happy yesterday though and in a great mood knowing he was with those people for 6 hours..I was so happy over that..
Old 03-23-2005, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

My prayers are with you and him.

One of the biggest things to help me prepare for what was to come in or out of sobriety was to read the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. Along with attending Al-Anon meetings and working a program of recovery myself, that was one of the most helpful and informative books I have read. Hugs, Magic
Old 03-23-2005, 12:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Magic! I'll keep that book in mind..I did attend my 1st Alanon meeting the last Friday and they have lots of books there for me to buy..I know they aren't having a meeting this Friday because its Good Friday..He did tell me that the meeting wasn't bad at all and lots of the people were really friendly and nice and even funny..Usually when he starts to get his confidence back up is when he messes up and fools himself..(so I have to be prepared)..I had wished he could just handcuff himself to the sponsor that has been clean for 15 years! ha
Old 03-23-2005, 12:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

EORW

At least he is taking a step in the right direction. Good for him. I hope it goes well for both of you!!!
Take care,
Mindi
Old 03-23-2005, 12:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

end - i attend open aa meetings occasionally - they help me get a better perspective of how the "other half" lives and actually is uplifting to hear the stories. just a thought
Old 03-23-2005, 12:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Chris-I want to attend open meetings too..I know on Fridays they have open meetings..I'm really looking forward to that..I told him I'll go to an open meeting with him....

mindi- Thanks! I really wish and pray that he starts really dedicating himself to these meetings..I think they are really important...
Old 03-23-2005, 01:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi End,

I am happy to see that your husband is taking some action; it is definitely a beginning, and I hope for his sake and yours he will be able to make the changes in his life.

great news,
Gianna