better today though

Old 03-23-2005, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

better today though

I am trying to not get in my moods and be short with everyone. Lastnight I was in one of my moods, I didnt get home till eight baseball practice. It was freezing outside, last year I brought my then puppy with me to every practice and every game, well lastnight I decided to bring him, he got loose so I spent my first half hour chasing him, not fun!

I think that started my crabbiness. I was in no mood for joking around, I came home had to help two of my kids with homework, no one had eaten, my H wanted his haircut, and was grabbing me letting me know he wanted something else. My oldest daughter comes upstairs and starts asking me these stupid questions while I was helping one of my kids with there home work, the dog is running around trying to grab anything he can to chew on and my son is flinging a floppy disk in my hand with his teacher's e-mail on it and asked me to e-mail his project, because there was something wrong with the disk.

What is my H doing sitting behind the computer playing spider solitair as I am in the midst of complete mayhem. Yup that bugged the hell out of me, I said to him it must be nice to have no responsibilities. Not a good thing to say, he worked 12 hours yesterday.

I guess what bugged me is that he was carefree after his hard day, and was relaxing and doing what he wanted, and I worked hard yesterday too, and then froze at baseball, and then was bombarded by all kids when I came home. I was jealous because he was taking time for himself with peace and quiet, which I so badly wanted myself, and he was doing nothing to help me, because he of course worked longer and harder than I did.

I was just overwhelmed yesterday with no reprieve. I bit his head off and I shouldnt have. He did work 12 yesterday, but man. My youngest told me that I needed to go to bed, I was crabby, My oldest said what is wrong with you, and I think she thought it was funny that I was crabby and was being hideous on purpose, my H was off in La La land, and my son knows just to stay away from me I guess.

I feel bad for my behaviour lastnight, I was acting crazy, and took it out on the people I care about the most.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

emily - we all get overwhelmed and feel sorry for ourselves sometimes. yes, you ah worked 12 hoursm but you worked and then did all the extra curricular stuff so how does that tally up. we are human - maybe if you apologized to everyone today - just say you are sorry that you were a bit crabby yesterday - do you think that would make you feel better?

((hugs)) chris
Old 03-23-2005, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

LOL.
I am sorry its just that I have been in the spot so many times, and all I want to do is run away from home! I feel for you, have a better day!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

is that feeling sorry for myself?? Just kick me please.

I dont mind doing these things honestly. I just get overwhelmed and tired too, but I cant not do them, because the things i did lastnight, I had to do. I did bare necessasities, no laundry got done, no dishes. I didnt have the energy to fight with my youngest for a half hour about what she was going to wear to school the next day for picture day, I save that for this morning, only five shirts this morning for her not to really like it cause it was tooo itchy..............lol

This is the resentment thing going on too, isnt it. Husband is upstairs whistling dixie, playing spider solitair, and i am downstairs running around like a maniac. The one comment I did say to my H, he goes off saying you never happy, I may as well go to the store and buy me a 12 pack, look at you.

I did good by ignoring his ugly ass, but man.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i guess i really didn't mean feeling sorry for yourself as feeling like the "only" one doing anything. i didn't do squat this week - i mean the absolute bare necessities. mine will empty or run the dishwasher sometimes, do some laundry occasionally, just little things and it's like i have to recognize it as something great - he's home all day, everyday doing nothing else - big deal! but i usually will tell him thank you so much for doing such & such.

emily - your last comment sent me chuckling!! thank you for a bright spot in my day.

countdown - 1 more day, 1 more day!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yup, one more day. wooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo
Old 03-23-2005, 12:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emily33
This is the resentment thing going on too, isnt it. Husband is upstairs whistling dixie, playing spider solitair, and i am downstairs running around like a maniac. The one comment I did say to my H, he goes off saying you never happy, I may as well go to the store and buy me a 12 pack, look at you.
I think I would have left to give myself and hour of quiet. Let him deal with it.

Ugh!! Life can be so crazy.

I came home one day and had someone coming over at 7:00 for life insurance. When I left work, I knew I had to start laundry and cook supper. By the time I got home (45 minutes later) I had 20 other things I had to do. I got overwhelmed and freaked. I ended up making a bigger mess than what I started with.

After i laughed myself hysterically because of the "more work" i just gave myself, I started cleaning up the mess I made and ended up getting everything done.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone gets overwhelmed and tired. You cannot expect yourself to be super woman. Don't be too hard on yourself. It happens to the best of us!!
Old 03-23-2005, 12:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yup, one more day. wooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo
Am I missing something here?

Emily,
Sounds like a typical day at our house. My son thought it was pretty funny that he had 61 missing assignments to get done and turned in by Friday!!! So I got to sit at the table all night and help him, plus cook dinner and put away AH's laundry that has been sitting on the living room floor since last friday!!! Everyone else put thiers away, not him!!! Emily I know that anger inside when they are just lazing around not a care in the world and your running around trying to make sure everything that needs to be done gets done, never mind the cleaning and laundry. I don't know why they think that going to work everyday is an excuse to not help around the house, we work all day too. ARGH!!!!! My house is messier than ever, OH WELL!!!!

Hope you have a better day!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 12:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happens to me all the time! Although my kids ate 19 and 22, (and 43) on the weekends I am doing laundry, cleaning and running eronds while 22 is in the basemen playing computer games, 19 is in his room playing guitar or off with his buddies, and AH is on the couch watching TV! But you know what I try to think of? I was on my own for 3 years when we were devorced, and sometimes I missed all that. (except the AH on the couch) I understand that! He should have helped you.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Queen, did you mean 61?? holy shoes.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes 61. This is assignments not pages mind you. He did 2.5 hours last night and will be doing another 2.5 hours tonight. It kills me he knows the stuff and does great on tests he just forgets where he puts it or forgets to bring it home dumb stuff like that. You know I did the exact same thing, still do so I know where he gets it from. Ooops!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Queen
Put AHs clothes in a basket and put it in the garage basement where ever, just outta your way. Let him go find them.
I used to do this to my tennage kids with anything they left sitting around.
I'd put their stuff in a box in the gargae, after 6 months it got donated
That old rule, if ya dont use it for 6 months ya must not need it.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

because he of course worked longer and harder than I did.
THIS HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF MY ALL TIME MAJOR IRRITATIONS WITH MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

No S**#!!!!! Like we don't do a Damn thing all day!
Old 03-24-2005, 06:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cupowater
No S**#!!!!! Like we don't do a Damn thing all day!
I come home everynight exhausted. He's not even working....But i'm not supposed to get stressed out. Whatever!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 01:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

amen to that jess!