God help me i almost gave in

Old 03-23-2005, 02:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb God help me i almost gave in

My son called me tonight and asked for help getting to his window cleaning jobs that are in our area instead of calling the numbers that i emailed to him to get help with his drinking.Which means he would wind up here again bringing all his problems and false promises.
He says he has already gone to rehab which he did once and it didn't solve his problem. He tells me he can do it on his own now because he's reached bottom. I've heard that one before more than once.
He's staying with a friend now but will have to leave there soon and has nowhere to go. He is a diabetic and has run out of his night time insulin along with money. He has no car no license no home and no more friends to help him. I'm worried to death about him but i just can't let him back here with his knapsack full of you know what. My husband is battling brain cancer for god's sake .I didn't say yes or no on the phone but just emailed him and told him no that he would have to find another way to get help. I know from what you have said that i probably did the right thing but somehow i don't feel that way now. Pep talk please .. am i doing the right thing?
Old 03-23-2005, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Absolutely!!! Stay strong, I can only imagine how hard it is for you and your husband but as you said in your previous post your husband must be your top priority. I will pray for you and your family. Good Luck!!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((Eden)))

Yes you did the right thing!!!! I know it must be very difficult for you. I have a feeling oneday your son will thank you....
Old 03-23-2005, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((((((Eden)))))))

Stay strong!!!! You are doing the right thing.

Mindi
Old 03-23-2005, 06:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep it up, you're doing the right thing. You need to keep your husband as your top priority, you can't be dealing with AS while tending to your husband. Warm wishes to you... it has to be so hard dealing with this!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

eden - how tough it must be but yes, you need to focus on yourself & husband.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Eden - I know that must have been very hard for you. But YES you did do the right thing. The only way he will truly "hit his bottom" is if you stop enabling him, you are helping him by telling him he cannot come back.

WAY TO GO!!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thnx so much all you you .. i needed that. and i appreciate your all taking the time to reply to me. yes it IS hard but it helps to know were not the only ones going through it ... Hope you are all doing great too and have a wonderful day. :rose