Notices

A little lost

Old 03-21-2005, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little lost

Ok- well this is my first official posting here.. I've tried to find a support group that would fit me, but I always feel like my problems are much less compared to others and am embarassed to talk about it.
Backing way up, I come from a family of alcholics- most are in recovery. Both of my grandparents on my mothers side are in recovery. 3 out of 7 in the family have had problems with alcohol.
In 2000, my cousin who was only a few years older than me, died suddenly due to anorexia and Ecstasy. Her body just gave out.
Last year, her mother died- she was an active alcoholic for years and her body just finally quit. She was also my godmother and closest aunt.
My brother is an addict. He almost killed himself last august. My dad found him blue in his car and rushed him to the hospital. He is still actively using- stealing money from my parents, lying, etc. and my parents have taken the "ignorance is bliss" view of things.
My family is in ruins around me, and I've managed to make myself sick over it all. I need some support, but I have a hard time asking for help.
V O
Old 03-21-2005, 12:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ama

Violet.

Welcome to SR.....there is a families forum which could give you advice. Mine to you is to put a safe distance between you and those who are causing you this pain...
Old 03-21-2005, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Welcome,

you will find support here. That's a lot on your table. I hope, you come back and post on the women's site. I know, the nice women on here will offer you some support.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers
Old 03-21-2005, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ya' just asked Violet, stick around, you WILL be amazed at the great people here.

Bet you know all about AA, might just want to attend a meeting or two.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind words and direction. I have found my way to the family/friends part of this crazy-messaging board system. =)