Notices

2 weeks and still feeling tired

Old 03-19-2005, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks and still feeling tired

Well it's been almost 2 weeks being off oxycodone and although it got better after about 4 days it seems like I'm still tired and not wanting to do a whole lot. Will this get easier? I don't remember being like this before oxy.

Also, my soda addiction has taken off to where I can easily drink 4 liters of diet dew a day. I would say that by 8am I have had close to a liter or more and I've gone several days without drinking anything else.

BTW, thanks to everyone on this board. Just reading others stories makes me feel like it's not just me and that I'm not alone..
Old 03-19-2005, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

mick,welcome to SoberRecovery.I never used oxycodone,so I really cant say how long it takes.But there are plenty of people here who have.So,stick around and Im sure youll get some answer soon.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mick, also not used oxycodone so no direct experience of that one. Can tell you that whenever i have quit any drug the lethargy seems to hang around for a while. It does get better though. Hang in there and well done for your almost 2wks. Warmest wishes, Evanna.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mick,
I discovered part of my feeling tired was just sitting around and not doing anything. I don't know if you are excersing or not, but give it a try. It can help your natural endorphins to flow and make you feel better in the long run. I was never a big one for excersise, but I did make it a point to at least walk everyday.
The soda, will also make you feel better--temporairily, but the caffiene is an artificial stimulant and will only bring you down faster and harder. I share your love of the soda, but I did try to drink a glass of lemon water for every soda I drank. That was advice I got at one of my meetings.
Good for you in 2 weeks of sobriety. It WILL get better! :e02b
Old 03-19-2005, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Mick,

Welcome to Soberrecovery. Actually it's different for ev eryone but it usually takes quite a while to feel normal again. Chemicals we use alter the chemicals in our brain and our body. We have to allow ourselves some time to heal. It will get better though. Take a look down at the substanse abuse forum. Many people there have experience with oxy's.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

mick,
my doc was hydrododone, very similar to oxycodone. You may still be feeling bad because these pills have a half life and stay in your system a lot longer than some other drugs like heroin for example. I want to type more but the keyboard I'm using is missing some keys and it's very time-consuming. take care!
Old 03-20-2005, 03:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ama

(((Mickmc)))

I have about three detoxes under my belt now: Benzo s Seroxat (horrible) and Booze...

The soda drinking sounds like you need alot of sugars that were previously provided by your drug. You will need some B complex Vitamins too and my Doctor said that a half hour walk each day would help both physically and mentally????

You will find great support here so keep coming back and find an NA meeting near you and get to it - more help.....

Forgot to say....U R Doing Gr8!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice everyone. I was going to the gym 3 days a week while on Oxy but I haven't been in a few weeks so I think I will get back on the tread-mill so to speak.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, I myself am coming off methadone, which the feeling tired is the one thing that gets me down. but everyone is right making yourself get up and walk or do something will make you feel better and with the soda, can't help I drink at least 6 can cokes a day. don't be to hard on yourself 2 weeks is great you will feel better, make sure you give your body time to heal Take rest when you need them. hang in there with us. I think its 7 weeks for me now Trish
Old 03-21-2005, 09:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Me Too (tired, that is)

Hey There,

I am on day 21 off hydro myself. I am still, also, very, very tired, sluggish, and unmotivated. You are not alone! This is my third detox in the past 12 months, and I can honestly say it is the worst because every time I "went back out" my usage doubled. Before this last detox on March 1, I was up to 30 10/325 pills a day.

On a lighter note, I have learned to be thankful for the brief, but productive, energetic outbursts I have had (one was last Monday, the other this past Friday). All I can say is that my most tired clean is never as bad as waking up ANY morning while using and having to swallow 10 pills in bed before my swollen feet could even hit the floor.

I'm gonna keep on truckin', you?

Lisa