R-e-d-r-u-m

Old 03-19-2005, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

R-e-d-r-u-m

The Players:
Petey the Cockatiel - a very disagreeable bird that I have taken care of for about 8 years
Streak - 9yo sons Ferret

The Scene:
Streak escapes yesterday afternoon unbeknownst to me, AH or Petey who was sitting on his open cage door. I walk in to find Petey on his back in the grip of Streaks jaws... I scream ... AH runs in to break the death grip... I ask if he's dead - no just beat up a bit... I doubt this since AH tends to protect me when it comes to my animals.... we apply Antibotic ointment to his wounds & pray they are superficial... I make him comfortable in his sleeping corner & let him rest.

We awake this morning to what I knew was the inevitable.. Petey passed away sometime in the night . He's currently in a box in the freezer awaiting a proper burial. And Streak, now a convicted murderer, is sound asleep curled up in his fuzzy hammock.

Of course, this incident now leaves me with one murderer & one serial murderer - Bojangles my 10 month old Miniature Pinscher has killed a snake, a wild bird & two toads so far....

Let us all give a moment of silence to Petey & Sparkles the goldfish who tragically passed away this week http://soberrecovery.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53685 ....

Christine
Old 03-19-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

prayers to you for your losses!
Old 03-19-2005, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Does any one know where you can get help in florida for alcoholics. My husband is dieing and i need help very very badly.
darlene freeman
Old 03-19-2005, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

OMG... this is so sad. You're sounded by psychopaths. My heart goes out to you. I take solace in my animals. If any of them were killed, I would totally freak. I grieved the loss of our chocolate lab for months and we had to put her to sleep. Longer than I grieved the loss of my father-in-law.

((((((((((((((((drg))))))))))))))))))))
Old 03-19-2005, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

darlinrose,

I hear you. Hang on. There will be qualified people here soon to talk to you. Keep coming back. There is help and hope.

hugs,
live
Old 03-19-2005, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

darlin - can't help you - look on internet. i feel your pain - i feel mine is getting to that point too. checkout al-anon and therapy for yourself!
Old 03-19-2005, 08:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am calling in the troops, please hang in there.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Originally Posted by darlinrose813
Does any one know where you can get help in florida for alcoholics. My husband is dieing and i need help very very badly.
darlene freeman
Try this website. It may be helpful:

sober.com

If he's willing to get help, Alcoholics Anonymous (AA-- Find a meeting near you ) has been helping alcoholics get, and stay, sober since 1939. You can find them in the phone book or by calling information in your area. Where in Florida are you?

I know some reputable detoxes and treatment centers in South Florida that you might call.

Peace...
Old 03-19-2005, 11:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Also, Margo has addressed a separate post to you darlinrose in this same forum.